The theocratic week of a "spiritual" JW (brown nosing Arse kisser)

by DaCheech 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

typical schedule of this Jehovahs Witness

Monday:
    6am: study scripture of day
    7:30: go to work
    6:00pm: eat
    7:30pm: Study for tuesday's book study

Tuesday:
    7:00pm go to tuesday's book study

Wednesday:
    7:30pm: study for thrusday's 2 meetings

Thursday:
    7:30pm: go to 2 meetings, get home at 10:30pm, even with children (if they can't do homework, Watchtower suggests to write a note to teacher showing how important the meeting was to their spirituality)

Friday:
    7:30 family study

Saturday:
    7:30am: study scripture of day
    9:30: go to preaching
    1:30pm: eat
    3:00: cut grass
    5:00: clean house
    7:30: study watchtower magazine for sunday's meeting

Sunday
    7:30am: study scripture of day
    9:30: go to preaching
    11:30am: eat fast
    12:30: go to 2 meetings
    4:00pm: eat
    7:00pm: personal study (highly recommended by Watchtower to keep spiritual health up, research all Watchtowers on questions that arise in mind

with so much to do, how can anybody enjoy life? non working people are "encouraged" to pioneer (spend 50 to 90 hours a month in preaching)

On top of all that you have to deal with daily problems & peer pressure at Kingdom Hall to always "DO MORE"

For people or wives that do not work.... (just substitute work with pioneering & slandering)

• Gopher
    Gopher

with so much to do, how can anybody enjoy life?

They're told that they are the "happiest people on earth". So if they're not enjoying this theocratic routine, it's their own damn fault!

Your schedule brought back memories of the grind. What a treadmill they had us on. I'm so glad to be off.

To a JW, enjoyment of life is to be delayed until after Armageddon. Enjoyment of the present life is seen as materialism. And we know no JW ever would want to be called "materialistic"!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My load is light said Jesus

• Gopher
    Gopher

The JW leaders are like Pharisees in binding heavy loads on their followers. As has often been shown on this forum, JW's are a performance-based religion. You will be viewed as "weak" unless you're giving loads of time and energy to their recruitment/ministry.

Towards the end of my tenure with the JW's, I came to believe that there is no way to satisfy these people -- to do all it says in the literature, and to follow everything said at the assemblies and when the travelling overseers visited. It seemed like they were trying to make us feel like we could never measure up. How depressing.

• Undecided
    Undecided

You should add for the PO, scheduling Sunday talks, preparing for public speaking assignments, making the schedule for the weekly service meetings, going to your home bible studies, helping to build the kingdom hall (before the quick builds). doing funeral services. It never ended.

That's why I left, even though I thought I was to die at the big A. It was years later that I learned the real "truth" of the Borg.

Ken P.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Add Ministerial Servants & Elders meetings with or without Overbeer. Hours of boring.

3 Assemblies a year, each ending past 5pm. Cleaning Halls & Assembly Halls, etc.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Oh God, it's a burden to even read about it anymore and this is what I used to be doing! Besides being a mom, caring for a household, working, etc, etc, etc, etc.. And we wondered why we were so exhausted all the time! Oh right--we thought it was because of the pressures from this old system of things!

• Mary
    Mary

with so much to do, how can anybody enjoy life?

You're not supposed to enjoy life. Remember, we are "living in the Last Days" where "critical times hard to deal with" are upon up. It's these "critical times" and all the bad things we hear on the news that drains us, didn't you know? Now stop enjoying life and get back to the druggery of study, study, study.............

• avengers
  • Woman know your place
    Woman know your place

You forgot

Praying

Doing a spot of informal witnessing by explaining to your colleagues that you cant sign Petes birthday card/go to Jennys hen night/ take part in the secret santa

Feeling guilty for thinking a swear word when some lunatic amost clipped your car

Personal study

Meditating on a choice piece of scripture

Scouring your CD collection for evidence of 'unwholesome entertainment' as per the WTs latest announcement

Taking part in congregation social occasions because if you dont go they'll gossip about u

Thinking 'Does Jehovah approve of this' before you do anything

The constant, constant feeling that God is watching you

Reading all the new literature and watching all the new videos before Elder So-and-so 'casually' mentions if you have read/seen them

Checking items of clothing for modesty/not being too fashionable before purchasing them

Avoiding talking to Sister/Brother Gorgeous for too long in case it constitutes flirting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit