The theocratic week of a "spiritual" JW (brown nosing Arse kisser)

by DaCheech 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Talking about prayer, when I was dating my wife, my father-in-law stopped me to a

halt when he showed that he not only prayed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, meeting, & bedtime.... but for a measely coffe & cake after a study!

• SAHS
    SAHS

Anybody notice how the Service Year? doesn?t include any theocratic ?holidays??

There?s no such thing in the organization as a one- or two-week grace period for the rank-and-file to just catch their breath, or just catch up (there should be!). When you think of it, there aren?t any actual ?holidays? for the JWs at all. The only things outside of the normal routine are ?special [extra] activities,? like the CO visit, assemblies, conventions, etc. The only ?celebration? they have is the memorial (another talk ... woohooo!). And, of course, the Bethelites? have to work on Christmas Day, New Year?s Day, etc. (they sure better read the fine print before they sign up!).

The only ?time off? that is allowed to be scheduled are the meeting nights immediately before a convention or two-day assembly. (The dubs need some time for cleaning the convention stadium!) However, it?s not really ?time off? because the material that is missed on those meeting nights before a convention or two-day assembly is often crammed into the previous and/or following meeting program. Also, if a Book Study? has to be missed for a memorial, then one-and-a-half chapters are usually covered in the weeks before and after the week that is missed.

They apparently expect people to arrange their own rest and recreation time as required, but it?s kind of hard when there?s always that pressure to ?keep going!? and not ?tire out.?

?SAHS

• RR
    RR

"clean house"? who has time to clean house? Even the JW's who do cleaning for a living, don't have time to clean house. Shame, you haveto come in on Saturdays to clean the Hall, yet you don't havetime to clean your own home.

RR

• undercover
    undercover
    There?s no such thing in the organization as a one- or two-week grace period for the rank-and-file to just catch their breath, or just catch up (there should be!).

It's worse than that. Remember every spring we would be reminded that when we went on our summer vacations that we should still find time to share in the field service and that we should locate the local KH so we could not miss any of Jehovah's spiritual provision?

One elder asked where I had been after I got back from vacation one year. I told him, beach/florida/whatever and he said why bother going on vacation. We should be using our time off of work to share in the ministry more. If we wanted to travel, travel to where the need was great and serve there during vacaton. I just looked at him like he was from Mars or something. A statement that stupid didn't deserve a reply.

There?s no such thing in the organization as a one- or two-week grace period for the rank-and-file to just catch their breath, or just catch up (there should be!).

Yes there is-get disfellowshipped. That's the greatest holiday to be enjoyed for eternity!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit