Undaunted Danny's final clicher of WT's best blaspheme

by Undaunted Danny 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sure that both points of view are correct, based on different experiences. My own experience is more akin to Gordys.

We all knew what the WT said about marriage and parenting, but it did not stop us marrying and most couples had babies... ( we put it down to 'female needs' and maternal instinct). sounds chauvanistic now but it was a handy excuse. Hey, if they had not had children growing up in the 90's the rate of publisher increase would have been a definate decrease.

• gumby
    gumby

I was raised a dub and knew the dublife well. Every dub I knew that wanted to have kids had them. They viewed the council about abstaining from having kids the same way dubs today heed the council about watching R- Rated movies............. they ALL watch them if they want to.

They also drink booze at gatherings, they cheat on their taxes in various ways, they have oral sex, the associate with worldly people, and on and on. This is the reason the dubs get constantly bombarded with articles that tell them to quit doing that. The dipshit GB and writing staff hasn't learned yet that dubs will continue to break their hard and fast rules untill they crumble to the ground because people are human.

Gumby

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    they have oral sex

How do you know?

• gumby
    gumby
    they have oral sex

How do you know?

Not everyone brushed their teeth before meetings Gumby

• link
    link
    Not everyone brushed their teeth before meetings

No, they combed them instead!

link

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    They viewed the council about abstaining from having kids the same way dubs today heed the council about watching R- Rated movies............. they ALL watch them if they want to.

They also drink booze at gatherings, they cheat on their taxes in various ways, they have oral sex, the associate with worldly people, and on and on. This is the reason the dubs get constantly bombarded with articles that tell them to quit doing that. The dipshit GB and writing staff hasn't learned yet that dubs will continue to break their hard and fast rules untill they crumble to the ground because people are human.

This is true of many JW's but myself and likely many old childless JW women are of a different category where we were so attuned to making sure that we "humbly accepted" the counsel provided by the "faithful and discreet slave" that if "Jehovah's Organization" either from the platform or in the publications or via one of its local appointed representatives asked "would it be wise?" to pursue a college degree or to have children and then spend a half an hour to an hour discussing all the reasons why True Christians living in the last days shouldn't be doing these things and of course providing no dissenting or contrary opinions then by gumby we did what they said.

The tragedy of JWism isn't the half-believing JW social club rank and file who secretly chuckle at the excesses of counsel coming from Brooklyn and proceed to do behind closed doors do what they really want to do without feeling very guilty about it. The tragedy is with the guilt-ridden idealistic true believers who *really believe* that the FDS speaks for God and therefore make life-altering decisions based on fear-mongering obey us or die propaganda.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Dan the man...You said it all...

The tragedy of JWism isn't the half-believing JW social club rank and file who secretly chuckle at the excesses of counsel coming from Brooklyn and proceed to do behind closed doors do what they really want to do without feeling very guilty about it. The tragedy is with the guilt-ridden idealistic true believers who *really believe* that the FDS speaks for God and therefore make life-altering decisions based on fear-mongering obey us or die propaganda.
  • VM44
    VM44

"warnings not to watch the Simpson's T.V. show" The WT said that? They usually don't mention by name specific shows not to watch! More details? --VM44

• gumby
    gumby

Dan........I too, for quite some time, followed the society's direction to the letter. Many in my congregation did the same. I quit track because of the emphasis on extra-carricular activities, had only witness friends, went in service before playing, studied for all meetings, turned the TV station when sex or violence was heavy, never watched R movies, read the pre-memorial bible reading, cleaned the hall when assigned, grew to become an Elder. But, the one rule witnesses have always broken the most if the desire to have kids was strong enough.....was to have a kid.

But.....you know what?........seems times have changed my friend from loyalty to the 'slave' much much more. Witnesess are MORE apathetic nowdays I've been out 10 years end of this month.....and things have changed. If the society was to adopt their no kid stance to a modern day dub......I'll bet the obeidience would be much less than 10 years ago. Witnesses seem more independent than they used to be. ( gotta go pee real quick, bye)

Gumby

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

To:VM44> The 'injunction' against watchting the "simpsons" TV show was alluded to in typical WT$ doublespeak setting.

Two "mature" elders[ forgot names i do remember a black and a white bro ] had a laid back lounge discussion on the platform/podium and discussed the unchristian danger of the simpsons.

I rode back in an automobile with Bob and Roberta N. from the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall,we had a lively discussion on the 'new light'

Bob N. was a bully control freak and he latched onto it straightaway because his hated son-in law loved the show.Now he could call him on it.

Sound stupid?Like an American TV soap opera script,just think they used to control us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit