Do Jws really want to have a study??

by ellderwho 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kagloo
    Kagloo

Hi everyone...... As an infrequent visitor to the site I would just like to make a comment about the above subject...

During the last few moments of his time on earth the resurrected Christ instructed his followers... " All authority has been given me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations....., teaching them... "

I see that command as a great honor! No - I am not an elder, nor am I a pioneer, nor am I super-spiritual, i.e. I am just an ordinary bloke who loves the Bible and deems it a real blessing to understand the things that Jesus Christ taught. And in appreciation for that blessing I go out to search for people who want to know about the things that I believe. I have several on-going studies at the moment, and enjoy every single one. Is it hard? Too damned right it's hard! Is it worth it? Too damned right it is!

If those who came before me in the 1st century had not 'put themselves out' to teach others Christianity would have fizzled out within years. As it is they worked hard in teaching the things that Jesus told them to teach - even at the risk of their own lives sometimes, and I, for one, am proud to have a small share in the same disciple-making work.

In the past I have had the attitude that I didn't want the 'bother' of a study and in my 33 years in the Truth I have helped just few people to dedication. But now I have changed my attitude somewhat and I am more readily prepared to put the effort into my ministry to follow Christ's explicit command. Having been in 'both camps' as it were I can say (And it's just my opinion!) that making the effort if worth all the hard work.

What greater benefit could I have than studying The Living Word of God on my own and then with others? For me it's a WIN WIN situation that I am glad I am in.

I hope that everyone is well and wish you all a peaceful weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit