Home Alone

by codeblue 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

Here I am Home Alone.......

My hubby works out of town from time to time...It never fails, how even though I am dead tired..I get in bed and think I "hear" something or "see" something....geez...you would think I was 10...scared to death...lol

I guess I just don't like being in an empty house...does anyone here really like being alone at night???

Codeblue

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Not really.....but I prefer a very large and vicious dog for security purposes....heh

Frannie B

• bem
    bem

I used to hate being home alone!

Now I actually prefer it.

I'm sending you positive thoughts hope they help!

bem.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

For me it doesnt matter if I'm alone or not I still hear things and see things! One night when I could'nt sleep I was up at the computer when I thought I heard someone come in the back door. There is a plaque on the door that jangles a little when the door opens and closes. Well I'm very hypervigilant now and every fews seconds I think that I see something out of the corner of my eye. After a long while of being too scared to get up and check I decide that it's just too scary to stay up so I'll go back to bed where I won't be alone! When I lay down in bed my partner grabs my arm and whispers "Jan lay low....lay low Jan!" I say back to hear in a low frantic whisper "What is it? I thought I heard soemthing too is someone in here, Oh Sh** What should we do?" My heart now is beating out of my chest, my mind spinning out of control about what to do next when I hear my partner softly snoring!! She was talking in her sleep!!! See it doesn't help even if your'e not alone!!!! FlowerPower

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOL@FlowerPower

I actually enjoy having my alone time. I don't like it ALL the time, but sometimes there is nothing like a cool, quiet house. My husband is a noise person. He enjoys music or the tv a lot.

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Codeblue

I'm old now...(LOL) and I relish anytime I have alone to myself. Seems to be the calm in the storm of chaos within a busy family for me.

When I was about 12 years old. My parents and sibblings left me at home one night. They went to a meeting. Anyway, I was laying in bed and I heard this crash downstairs, and I too thought it was a burglar who would eventually come up the stairs and get me.

So, I hid under the covers. After a minute or two, I decided that hiding in the bed under the covers, well that would be the first place he would look. So, I got up and got under the bed.. as I heard another crash downstairs.

After a few minutes, I got mad and said to myself. "Well, if he's gonna get me, it won't be without a good fight.". DAMN, him!! So, I took the hunk of hard wood from under my bed (don't ask why that was there) and creeped down the stairs in the dark. Slowly, slowly into the kitchen with my chunk of wood held high, ready to swing. If I just got one good crack, maybe...

As I peered into the kitchen, I could see mom's plants, that had been up in the window, were smashed on the floor. The curtain rod was hanging half down from the wall. There was potting soil all over the place. What a mess!

What the hell is this? I thought, .. a burglar come to steal mom's plants?

as I saw our cat make another thunderous jump and hurl itself at the window pane with it's claws and teeth . What the hell, is going on with this cat? Did my brother, put tape on it's rear end..(he's known for that)? Stupid kid brothers! The cat is totally beserk!!!! and makes another rush at the window whilst spinnning in the potting soil...SLAM.. into the window. When my parents and sibblings left the house, they left the outside light on. The light sort of hangs down just outside the kitchen window. The moths are attracted to the light and the cat is going crazy trying to get the moths.. but they are on the outside of the window.

So there you go codeblue, It truly was a "CAT-BURGLAR".

Special K

• codeblue
    codeblue

Wow...we have a lot of people that like to be alone at home! I must say, that during the the day it doesn't bother me to be alone, as long as it isn't more than a couple of days...

Well...in true fashion....I kept waking up all night.........getting up this morning feeling like I have had no sleep whatsoever!!!! Hello coffee!!!

Special K: thanks for your cat-burgler experience...(that would have freaked me out big time!!!)

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Thanks for the chuckle, Special K.

CB ... I actually prefer sleeping alone. Well, the sleeping part, anyway ... know what I mean? I get the whole bed to myself, can have the TV on until God-awful hours & fall asleep watching Fox News or History ... and there are no disagreements about the thermostat, no elbows in my ribs because I'm snoring, and no comments about "Jesus Pete, Dan! What did you EAT!?!?"

• kls
    kls

Codeblue , i feel so bad forya that i am going to do ya a big favor. Remember the dog i have a Bloodhound named Brandee, well i am going to drop her off for ya. I guarentee she will keep you sooo busy you won't know you are alone,she will lick ya till you are sticky and the drool run's down your arm ( yummy). Having problems sleeping? not a problem , you will hear much banging in the house and know that she has probably chewed and tasted everything you own. I will e-mail you your new bed partner.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Codeblue

I sleep with a white noise machine, it comforts me and keeps me from hearing all the little noises that we wonder about--yet I can hear what I need to hear.

What freaks me out is when one of my cats sits on the bed and all of a sudden rears up and stares at something in the hallway. I know there is nothing there but keep looking because the damn cat is 'watching' something that is not there. Scares me everytime and I can't stop myself from looking for whatever the cat is staring at for minutes on end.

Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit