Home Alone

by codeblue 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• simplesally
    simplesally

Get an alarm on your house, too. But you live in a pretty safe place, I would not worry, try to have some fun, take up a night class nearby.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I was a single parent for twenty years, but I never really lived alone until I left home. I moved away from my home jammed with two young adults, one dog, and a couple cats to a one bedroom adults-only apartment.

I hated it. It was too quiet.

I learned to cope. I kept a radio on quietly most of the time.

• poppers
    poppers

I love being at home alone, and I get lots of it since I am a life-long batchelor. As a kid, when my mom left the house I wouldn't ask, "When you coming back?"; instead I'd ask, "How long will you be gone?" so that I could savor every moment.

While in the Marine Corps my most difficult adjustment was never having any alone time - by the way, I am the youngest of 9 kids - maybe that has something to do with it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I live alone and I found a very simple way of telling whether a sound is "normal" or not... I have two scaredy cats. If there is a "normal" noise the cats just sit there like nothing happened... but if they here anything out of the ordinary (even someone walking down the hallway of my apartment complex) they get all excited and run and hide.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I don't mind being alone at night..

its just when I am alone because my bf doesn't bother to come home all night I flip out..

but when I was single (not living w/ someone) and alone or he was out of town so I knew he wasn't coming home I was fine

HEY CB .. I keep telling you that you have to come down and see me when you are going to be alone for a few days!

• Purza
    Purza

Codeblue -- This post is very appropriate for me today. My boyfriend has been out of town for the past two nights (I am meeting him tonight so all will be good). When he is there I sleep perfectly sound. When he is not home I am a raving lunatic. I have to check ALL the locks at least three times (yes, I know it is a bit OCD). I have a teenage daughter AND a big dog -- yet I have to be the adult and pretend everything is good while my insides are freaking out. I hear every noise. Tylenol PM helps me get some sleep.

Last night at about 2:30 in the morning I heard this loud crashing sound in my bathroom (which is in my room). My adrenaline immediately kicked in. Turned out it was the holder for my razor -- the suction cup came loose and the whole thing fell into the tub. But of course I had to turn on every light before I went into the bathroom.

Don't know what it is with me -- I lived alone (with my child) for 10 years.

Purza

• codeblue
    codeblue

Great suggestions from all of you!!!

I do sleep with a "white noise machine"...I still hear "extra things"....

I have a toy dog....which likes to sleep by the front door (he thinks he is guarding the house.lol)......although this dog couldn't "attack and hurt" anyone...his bark is so schrill that I would definitely KNOW some one has entered!!!

Sassy: NOdenial had an unexpected work trip and left Wednesday.........I couldn't take off to see ya since we have Puternut's Party Planned!!!

Puternut called and said he and Octavia would be staying with me tonight.....so hopefully I won't be "home alone" tonight.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Last night at about 2:30 in the morning I heard this loud crashing sound in my bathroom (which is in my room). My adrenaline immediately kicked in. Turned out it was the holder for my razor -- the suction cup came loose and the whole thing fell into the tub. But of course I had to turn on every light before I went into the bathroom.

lol... a few weeks ago I was laying in bed when I heard a very loud bang! It turned out that the toilet seat had been barely balanced up and tipped over making the loud bang.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I dont mind it at all, I guess since there's always people around, I kind of relish my alone time. I like to snuggle into bed, lock my bedroom door, turn on the tv and fall asleep to it. There's something about waking up at 4:30 am to turn off my tv that I love. Go ahead call me a weirdo.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My wife has been out of town for almost two weeks now, so I know what you mean. Sometimes having the house to myself can be enjoyable, but I need people around!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit