My wife and I ...

by Brummie 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

((((Brummie)))) oooh squishy I'm sorry

My ex and I broke up after 17 years....we had a pretty good marrage, things just fell apart for a lot of different reasons there toward the end. We have managed to stay friends after being seperated for about a year and a half and divorced for 6 months or so. I always try to remember that even though we aren't together anymore I loved him once and we have a lot of good memories together and a beautiful daughter that we both want the best for...and even though now I no longer want to share my life with him, he is still a good person.

I don't know what else to say....just give you another ((((Brummie)))) and tell ya I'm here for you if you want to chat or need a tummy rub

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thx Crazy

Nos and reboot, they were great posts. I do appreciate the response since I havent spoken to anyone about this, dont feel I can at the moment, people at work are aware that I am changing address but apart from this I havent even spoken to my family. We have sat down and told my 2 sons in the best way possible, age 7 and 8, I dont think they have grasped it and hopefully it wont be so hard hitting for them.

its just so sad its over because I feel ive 'failed'

I feel sad for you reboot, you have had things a lot worse but I can relate to this. I admire you for keeping on top of all that stress and not buckling. Will be thinking of you, life is a bitter pill sometimes:(

• Brummie
    Brummie

gita, thx, I hope we will be happier, thats why I am moving out, so she can be happy or at least to give the space needed, its been hard for her too.

((((((((Squidgyyyyy))))))))))) x x x

things just fell apart for a lot of different reasons there toward the end.

Thats whats happened here, a great 10 year marraige that has kinda fallen apart at the end, she is a great person too, I probably dont talk about it just incase someone says anything bad about her and then I'd go mad at them...

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Brummie))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry.......

BUT,(hope this makes you laugh) look at it this way. After a year, when you have given yourself time to recover, you better watch out because imma gonna chase your ass!

• talesin
    talesin

Brummie,

Here's how we did it. We were together for 11 years, 4 dating, 7 married. It was similar in that no third parties were involved, no anger and fighting. It was just over.

For about six months, we saw each other / talked almost every day. After all, he was my first, and I his. We were both a little lost.

Then, we had a talk and decided that it was time to cut the strings. Now, we had no kids, that is true. So we did not have that tie. Anyhow, after the six-month period, we no longer socialized, or talked on the phone. From then on in, our contact was limited to talk of selling our home, the divorce, and once every few months phone calls to touch base. After the divorce, we just said "adios".

We are not friends, we do not hang out or anything, BUT, I would still trust him, I still care deeply for him (not in 'that' way, but as a lovely, beautiful person), and no one had better ever say ANYTHING bad about my ex. There is a reason we got together, it's important to remember the love that WAS. Sometimes things don't work. It's not a blame game, it's just to be accepted.

There will be stressful times, but I sincerely hope that you can remain 'friendly', and work together as a parenting unit.

The lonliness of just 'being alone' was hard at first. But, after a while, I learned to deal with it. Missing the children, and the little daily routines, will be the hardest. I will be thinking of you, and please know that it will be okay, in time.

And remember, it's not weak to cry. Really.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((Brummie)))

Sorry to hear about your separation. Nothing is permanent, someday you may choose to change your mind. Lots of water does pass under a bridge, though ...

My ex and I never see each other. Divorced for over 7 years now. We are in different cities, and also different worlds. He likes his alcohol, and I like to dance ... and n'er the twain shall meet!

Take care of you, Brummmmm... an' keep purrrrring!

((((Hugs))))

ESTEE

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Brummie: I am sorry .....I can't imagine the weirdness of it all.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

God Brumm, I am so sorry. This is terrible news. I feel just awful for you.

I'm sitting here and I don't know what to say, except that I want to fix it for you and make everything all better.

You can hug Jennie's bear if you want to.

Be well my friend.

Chris

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    ...are seperating, and darn it feels so weird. One day I'm like "yeah, ok, sounds like this could be for the best" and the next day I'm feelin like :( I'm all packed up and ready to go on the 28th of this month, have arranged a new place to live not too far away from my boys, cant imagine life without them running around causing havoc everyday...but my wife and I are still handling things well and arranging weekly visits for them so I guess I have to look on the bright side.
    If you have dealt with seperation how did you cope? Still friends? I'm not an emotional wreck or anything but rather having one of those times when the world moves at a different pace, one day ok, the next, cant believe this is happening kinda days.

I'm so sorry, (((Brummie)))....it sure does make a vaccuum in one's life when someone close is suddenly not there anymore.....it'll take filling. Give it time...it takes time, just like a physical wound.

Frannie B

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Brummie))))) I am so sorry, my friend. I hope things work out for what is best for you, whatever that may be. Change is hard, especially after 10 years, so please work hard not to lose yourself in the process. Remember you are YOU and while the past 10 years have helped you grow, they do not define the sum total of YOU.

Gee, I hope I'm making sense. I guess I'm trying to say for you to value yourself as a person and not just as part of a couple. Some people do that and feel really lost without the other half.

I wish you happiness, my friend, whatever happens.

Love & hugs,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit