have you done things BECAUSE they were condemned by the WTS?

by doogie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie

hey guys,

since leaving, has anyone done anything specifically BECAUSE it was condemned by the society?

- i went and got a tattoo (i had wanted one anyway, but REALLY enjoyed it since it was a no-no...i'm getting a big'n next week...)

- i tried smoking (didn't much care for it, but felt i ought to give it a go anyway)

- i grew a goatee (again, wanted this anyway, but take special pride in it now)

i was just curious. -- doogs

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Doogie I did pretty much the same things you did

* Got a tattoo

* Tried smoking cigarettes and didn't like the taste, but very seldomly I still might inhale a Black&Mild

* As much sex as possible (That was only for a short while, Imma good girl now)

* Went to a New Year's Eve party and actually got drunk

* Celebrated Christmas....I have all the trimmings even the angel for the top

* Going to church as much as possible...and guess what...I didn't get struck with lightening

* Many other no-no's that I can't remember right now

* I also have donated blood and plasma when short on money

* Watched many many demonic movies such as Scooby-Doo, Star Wars(the force is demonic ya know), all the Child's Play movies(people laughed at me in high school because I had never watch Chucky)

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I bought a windchime and some incense--always wanted a windchime, but some JWs around here thought they may "stumble" some weak in the faith.

• kls
    kls

I also got a tattoo , but no matter what you do is against the Wettower.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I have worn a beard ever since I left.

I have celebrated birthdays, thanksgiving, christmas and other holidays.

I display the flag of my country on national holidays.

I have purchased -- and ATE -- girl scout cookies.

I have associated with people of sexual persuasions other than my own.

I have saluted the flag of my country, recited the Pledge of Allegiance and sang the National Anthem.

I have dressed in costumes on Halloween, distributed candy to little kids and scared the living squirt out of teen agers.

I participated in a memorial service for the astronauts of the Challenger disaster.

Driving past a military base, I saluted a group of soldiers in a truck on manuvers. They saluted back.

I am a twice ordained minister in the universal life church.

I buy lottery tickets periodically.

I have contributed to the mad men of the Church of the Subgenius.

I have donated blood several times.

I have participated in Zen meditation.

I "associate" with disfellowshipped persons.

I swear like a fother mucking sailor when I'm angry or kidding around.

I have practiced the arts of war - firearms and hand-to-hand.

I have donated money to political and social causes that I believe in (and once, by accident to one I didn't).

I have consistently participated in the politcal process by voting.

I have a library of books on the occult and demonism, and various divination aids.

I have supported the "worldwide apostate work" with my efforts and my wallet.

• doogie
    doogie
    As much sex as possible

i'll admit to getting drunk a time or two as well. i've always had as much sex as possible even before i left...which ended up being "not so much"...and by that i mean...umm...well, none.

• doogie
    doogie

oh yeah! i do have a fairly serious gambling problem too! (not really...i don't have a good enough job to gamble too much. but someday, i will...it's a little goal of mine.)

• kls
    kls

So you are trying to tell us you are a Virgin. ,,,,, lol

• doogie
    doogie
    So you are trying to tell us you are a Virgin. ,,,,, lol

laugh it up, laugh it up. i've since remedied the problem. (turns out i needed a girl!)

• kls
    kls

Doggie , you should see the tears running down my face , OMG that was perfect. LOLOLOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit