BAPTIZED WITTNESS W/QUESTIONS

by tresbella 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tresbella
    tresbella

I AM A 20 YEAR OLD BAPTIZED WITTNESS WHO FOR THE PAST YEAR HAS BEEN TRYING TO DO SOME SERIOUS RESERACH ON ALL THE THINGS I HAVE BEEN MADE TO BELIEVE IN THE WT SOCIETY.IT ONLY MAKES SENSE THAT MY RESEARCH SHOULD NOT ONLY INCLUDE THOSE IN THE WT PUBLICATIONS AND SO THEREFORE I NEED SOME HELP:

1. WHAT IS EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS ON SOCIETY NOT ALLOWING BROTHERS TO WEAR BEARDS? I READ SOMEWHERE THAT RUSSEL(SOCIETY'S FIRST PREZ) HAD A BEARD AND THE SECOND PRES( RUSSEL) WANTED TO COMPLETELY DISSASSOSIATE ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH RUSSEL AND SO THEREFORE OUTLAWED AGAINST THEM. MY MOTHER ACTUALLY TRIED TO CONVINCE ME THAT JESUS NEVER HAD A BEARD, NOR DID HIS APOSTLES AND DISCIPLES. COULD THIS BE FACT? WHERE CAN I FIND OUT?

2. WHAT BIBLE DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND ME TO USE TO DO COMPARISONS AND RESERACH WITH THE NWT BIBLE?

3.DOES ANYONE KNOW IF RAYMOND FRANZ IS STILL ALIVE?

4. DOES ANYONE KNOW A SITE THAT HAS THE 'SECRET ELDER MANUAL' "PAY ATTN. TO THE FLOCK" POSTED IN ITS ENTIRETY.

5. ANYONE KNOW THE CURRENT WT PREZ'S NAME?

THANK U...YOU'RE SUGGESTIONS ADN COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECITATED.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

lol! Tres, you sound exactly like me. The beard issue sounds like such a minial issue, but it got the ball rolling for me. The bible clearly states that a man was NOT to cut the hair on his face. Ironically in the same batch of verses that says to abstain from blood. In certain countries with colder climates such ast Russia and Poland, the brothers are indeed allowed to wear beards. The scriptures also say that women should not braid their hair or wear pearls. Again this is an example of them picking and choosing what they want to inforce and ignore according to the society only.

Beware I was slightly younger than you when I began research on the teachings. When the Elders got word that I was using literature outside of the organization I was quickly counseled. Here is a post I posted earlier today that hopefully can you a bit.

Oh gosh it was a few years ago. Just going from memory though:

I was bringing my King James Bible to meetings for a while and kept pretty extensive notes regarding inconsistancies between the KJ and NWT bibles. That was one thing I asked them to address.

I also asked them to show me how to come up with the year 1914 using only the bible and no study aids. I also addressed issues such as facial hair. And why dating and marrying a "worldly" person was so stricly inforced if it was only a priciple and not a law that was set forth in the bible.

I also asked them why they choose to inforce this principle when other principles such as not braiding your hair or wearing pearls were also specifically mentioned. I asked them why in the same chapter abstaining from blood, is mentioned and also only eating what the Jews call Kosher foods are mentioned together yet they ignore that.

I also asked for an explination of Matt 24:34 regarding the signs of the times and the change of the definition of "generation". The list goes on and on.

The one that really seemed to piss them off was when I asked them about Charles Russell. I explained that if he was such an important figure in founding the Jehovah's Witnesses and organizing "God's Only Chosen People" in our day and age, to show me in the bible a prophecy of him. They could NEVER give me a valid response as to HOW he was divinely inspired to create their organization

Also, might want to check out the links section of this board for alot of helpful research

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/28/default.ashx

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

they dont have a president anymore. and none of the corps have gb on the board anymore.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Hey Tres,

Welcome to the board.

Love all your questions. I think brothers should be allowed to have beards too. My dad and brother in law look great in a beard, a lot of brothers here grow them when they are camping but shave them when they get back to civilisation.

I get really pissed at all the inconsistencies to, like why can't sisters wear pants to the meetings and witnessing, I live in a really cold climate and have been witnessing in the snow, wearing a skirt, froze my a**e off.

good luck with all your research, you should find most of your answers here.

Have fun.

Lehaa.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

1. There is no scriptural basis for FORBIDDING the wearing of beards. If God didn't want you to have a beard, why did he put hair there? It is purely a conformity/control issue - "If you want to be one of us, you have to look like us." That's a sign of a CULT.

Your dear mother is very mistaken about Jesus' beard. It is a certainty he HAD ONE, because he fulfilled the Mosaic Law, and that law REQUIRED beards. If you do some research through the Society's publications, you'll see that the illustrations depicting Jesus have changed through the years. But basing ANYTHING on these illustrations is foolish, because these are illustations - they AREN'T photographs! Do you really think that Jesus looked like a white boy from Kansas?

2. The Watchtower Society publishes "The Bible in Living English" that was translated by Byington. Get a copy. The WTS can't object if you use one of their own publications, can they? Byington's credentials as a translator surpass the credentials of the entire WT translation committee.

3. Yes, Ray Franz is still alive. His web site is commentary press. You can write to him if you like.

4.http://www.douknow.net/jw_manual1.htm is one place.
    http://www.angelfire.com/mo/flockbook/ is another, if you can stand all the damn pop-ups

5. The current President of the legal corporation is a man named Don Adams (not the actor/comedian).

Please turn off your caps lock - IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE SHOUTING AT US!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I AM A 20 YEAR OLD BAPTIZED WITTNESS WHO FOR THE PAST YEAR HAS BEEN TRYING TO DO SOME SERIOUS RESERACH ON ALL THE THINGS I HAVE BEEN MADE TO BELIEVE IN THE WT SOCIETY.

If it would not make me sound like a pig id ask are you a chick, and are you hot?

Sad part is I live with my parents too so Id have have noplace to put you.

• kls
    kls

Please excuse XQS, he get's a little excited when he see's new female's here .

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I would suggest you do a bit of reading here and follow some of the links in the LINKS section of the forum. There is much to learn - more that you could imagine

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE and IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM...for one other question, check your Private Messages by clicking on INBOX in the upper left of your screen.

• Scully
    Scully

Here's another source for the Pay Attention book:
    http://quotes.watchtower.ca/pay_attention.htm

The Quotes website is a treasure trove of information that allows you to see how the Watchtower Society's version of The Truth? has evolved over the years.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit