BAPTIZED WITTNESS W/QUESTIONS

by tresbella 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

tres,

I AM A 20 YEAR OLD BAPTIZED WITTNESS WHO FOR THE PAST YEAR HAS BEEN TRYING TO DO SOME SERIOUS RESERACH ON ALL THE THINGS I HAVE BEEN MADE TO BELIEVE IN THE WT SOCIETY.IT ONLY MAKES SENSE THAT MY RESEARCH SHOULD NOT ONLY INCLUDE THOSE IN THE WT PUBLICATIONS AND SO THEREFORE I NEED SOME HELP:

Ok. Good.

1. WHAT IS EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS ON SOCIETY NOT ALLOWING BROTHERS TO WEAR BEARDS? I READ SOMEWHERE THAT RUSSEL(SOCIETY'S FIRST PREZ) HAD A BEARD AND THE SECOND PRES( RUSSEL) WANTED TO COMPLETELY DISSASSOSIATE ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH RUSSEL AND SO THEREFORE OUTLAWED AGAINST THEM.

True. The second "pres" was Rutherford and he lost a lot of members when Russell died and he illegally took control of the Watch Tower Corporation. Many "brothers" back then (around 1917) grew long beards because they loved Russell and wanted to emulate him. Around ten years after Russell died, Rutherford figured he needed to purge the memory of Russell from his Cult's consciousness. He began a campagin AGAINST men wearing beards and told people at the Bethels they could not serve there if they wore any facial hair. He was also the first WT leader who printed pictures of Jesus as a clean-shaven man. As Nathan Natas said, that it all nonsense. Jewish leaders have ALWAYS had beards and still do. The Romans were clean shaven. Was Jesus a Roman? NO! He was a RABBI!

: MY MOTHER ACTUALLY TRIED TO CONVINCE ME THAT JESUS NEVER HAD A BEARD, NOR DID HIS APOSTLES AND DISCIPLES. COULD THIS BE FACT? WHERE CAN I FIND OUT?

Your mother made that assertion, and the burden of the proof is always on the one who makes the claims. Ask HER to prove that Jesus and his apostles never had beards. If I say that invisible candy bars speak in my head and tell me to do stuff, do YOU have the burden of proving me wrong? NO! I hope you get my point. The one who makes the claims has to prove the claims. That is an old dub tactic, by the way. Claim stuff and then dare people to prove them wrong. 2. WHAT BIBLE DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND ME TO USE TO DO COMPARISONS AND RESERACH WITH THE NWT BIBLE?

Any Bible will work. The WTS doctrines are disproven by ANY Bible. 3.DOES ANYONE KNOW IF RAYMOND FRANZ IS STILL ALIVE?

Yes, he is. He's about 81 now, and he is still going good deeds for people. 4. DOES ANYONE KNOW A SITE THAT HAS THE 'SECRET ELDER MANUAL' "PAY ATTN. TO THE FLOCK" POSTED IN ITS ENTIRETY.

It's easily found all over the Internet. watchtower.observer.org is only one place to find it. 5. ANYONE KNOW THE CURRENT WT PREZ'S NAME?

There are 4 main WT Corporations now and all of them are run by non-anointed JWs. As was pointed out NONE of those Corporations have "anointed" members on their board of directors or in any ruling positions. The "governing body" has been moved out as an irrelevant and unnecessary group in the new Corporate world of WatchtowerLand(tm). THANK U...YOU'RE SUGGESTIONS ADN COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECITATED.

Welcome.

Farkel

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah Russel had a beard.

alt

As far as Jesus not having a beard, the JW would have you believe he didn't in some of their earlier publications. Though the later ones do show him with a beard but a neat and clean cut one. Makes you wonder when he was on the road walking for days how he could have had time to go to the barbers.

Will

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

1. WHAT IS EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS ON SOCIETY NOT ALLOWING BROTHERS TO WEAR BEARDS?

Well, if you must - I think their ideas belong in a toilet.

2. WHAT BIBLE DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND ME TO USE TO DO COMPARISONS AND RESERACH WITH THE NWT BIBLE?

Any, but I recommend all - together.

3.DOES ANYONE KNOW IF RAYMOND FRANZ IS STILL ALIVE?

Not me

4. DOES ANYONE KNOW A SITE THAT HAS THE 'SECRET ELDER MANUAL' "PAY ATTN. TO THE FLOCK" POSTED IN ITS ENTIRETY.

Nope

5. ANYONE KNOW THE CURRENT WT PREZ'S NAME?

No

• Quotes
    Quotes

=====================================
    I AM A 20 YEAR OLD BAPTIZED WITTNESS
    =====================================

Am I the only person here a little suspicious of someone that claims to be a Jehovah's Witness, but then spells it "WITTNESS" at least two times (in the post, and in the title)?

I mean, come on. Twenty years old, American, and they can't correctly spell their own religion? And don't know if Russell had a beard? His picture is not hard to find.

~Quotes, of the "My Spidey Sense Is Tingling" class

• dh
    dh

hi chikabella welcome to the board.

Am I the only person here a little suspicious of someone that claims to be a Jehovah's Witness, but then spells it "WITTNESS" at least two times (in the post, and in the title)?

i was a jw up until i was 18 and i often had to double check if it was witness or wittness or wittnesses or witneses or witnesses.

this being said, i am suspicious of everyone on this board, i think you are all baaaad apostates.

of governing body drinking pepsi class

(edited to add... *American, and they can't correctly spell!*, hahaha, context class)

• laurelin
    laurelin

I mean, come on. Twenty years old, American, and they can't correctly spell their own religion? And don't know if Russell had a beard? His picture is not hard to find.

I'm in my thirties and it's only since I've been connected to the internet that I've actually seen any decent pictures of Russell. Sure, I'd heard of him but he never really impacted. After all their history is something you just don't do when you're in the truth! Keep looking forward and all that.... Blinkered I'd call it.

As for spelling! American and spelling don't go together do they? They stole the "H" from our Yoghurts... how on earth can we take them seriously. I still remember the shock on picking up my carton of Yoghurt and finding no "H".... And let's not even go into where the letter "U" has gone from words.

• Ermi
    Ermi

Hi Tresbella

I have been ds for about 18 months now but when I was "in the truth" there were plenty of brothers in our congregation who had beards, I never remember it being frowned on at all!

As for your mum telling you that Jesus never had a beard, oh my god what literature has she been reading, even the society's publication of the greatest man book has pictures of Jesus with a beard, I just think that your mum is being ever so slightly strange!

I think that if you really want to take another bible to the meetings then go ahead, like someone else said the KJ version is a very good one, I personally never used it cause I would hardly pay attention to the meetings but have heard that it is good

The current president is Milton G Henschal as far as I know, do you really attend the meetings?

It is true that the Elders do have Publications that are just for them but surely they aren't as stupid as to publish it on the web!

If you have doubts about beliefs then I suggest that you either just quit it and leave or you speak to someone you do really respect, I don't personally think that you want to be there any more otherwise you wouldn't be on this site speaking to all who are no longer witnesses!

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Quotes said:

U hav no klu aboot the kwality edukashun we git in the u.s.

LABD, of the don't hate me because I'm sarcastic, class

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    And let's not even go into where the letter "U" has gone from words

Hmph! This from someone who replaces "z" with "s" in words like "utilize" LOL

Hello Tres

Regarding the president, the WT "society" has broken itself into many different legal corporations, mainly to diffuse liability because of the tons of lawsuits from victims of JW child molesters, tax purposes, and other things. It's mainly run by the lawyers and the writing department now. Ever since crazy Freddie Franz died, there haven't been many original new thoughts, which explains the fact that there is a lot less "new light" than there used to be and the articles are more repetitious and boring than ever.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Jesus was a Nazarene therefore REQUIRED to have a beard (and not that is not a city it never was).

Dont be hard on her spelling she is in Georgia has internet and can read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit