Convention Drama creeps out JWs?

by ezekiel3 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Ya, I saw it. The demon-possessed woman was having her soul sucked out by the Dementors that were floating on stage, so Harry Potter jumped up, pulled out his wand and yelled "Expecto Patronum!!" and dey all fled.............

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I have heard from women's groups that Paul hated women, based on his writings (don't get married unless you just have to; women's place, etc). I haven't seen/heard the drama, but I bet she just had a bad case of PMS and Paul couldn'd deal with it so he had to call on Jesus!

then again, if a little jesus helps PMS....

Brenda

PS - no insults to anyone out there intended

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

In the late 60's early 70's (I was a teenager) there was a drama about holding steadfast to your faith and marterying yourself even when faced with prison, etc. It focused on the Holocost. They used real audio footage from Hitler and an elder woman in the audience shrieked, went nuts, and passed out. She had been interned in one of the camps.

I also remember the one about Paul and the demonized woman.

These were 30+ years ago. Gotta recycle for the current generation of Janitors and Housekeepers.

Bren

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Saw the drama. Thing is I believed Jesus & the apostles. After seeing that drama.... I'm doubting that too!

The demon possed girl went to these apostles & said in the multi demon voice "these are the true followers of the most high" or

something like that. Why would demons exault GOD. Would this not help GOD?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

"Brothers and Sisters during the drama we ask that you do not throw rosary beads or bottles of holy water on to the demoniacs as they are distracting to the performers and are of little value."

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg
    then again, if a little jesus helps PMS....

He did, don't you remember the woman with the issue of blood?

LABD

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    At one time... didn't they 'sell' these 'dramas' on cassette tape?

Yes they did, and that was one thing I enjoyed about the WTS. I used to buy these tapes and listen to them. They were much more interesting than any publication they've put out.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Sydlik always played "Jehovah" on those tapes. For a long time, when I thought of god, I imagined him soundling like Sydlik or the voice in the old Liquid Drano commercials.

• Gerard
    Gerard

It is part of this cult's orchestrated implantation of phobias.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Got to keep the fear going don't they. Always giving the idea that anything outside of their organization is demonized. Lord knows what would they do with out Satan and his demons to continue their scare tactics.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit