Convention Drama creeps out JWs?

by ezekiel3 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I am getting news from JWs who have attended the District Convention that the Drama (which is pre-recorded and played to lip-syncing actors) has a demon-possessed woman with a ?demonic voice?. Can anyone confirm this?

It is said to be pretty creepy sound effect and many JWs are uncomfortable when they hear it. Could the drama ?smack of spiritism??

We may need an old elder and a new elder, the power of Jehovah compels you!

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Does the demoniac spider walk down the stairs, and then urinate in front of the house guests also?

LABD

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Thanks a whole hell of a lot man...Now i want to go to a convention on suday to hear the drama....

Grrrrr....got me all in anticapation

• glitter
    glitter

Being scared by a funny voice is what happens to you when you don't watch R-rated movies!

/also wants to go to a convention now!

• kls
    kls

I would like to know ,what they are trying to accomplish by scaring the crap out of kids. They are Nuts, i mean it. Those poor kids going home and having nightmares of satan taken them over. Those idiots never fall to amaze me, no wonder they have a high rate of mental problems.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Being scared by a funny voice is what happens to you when you watch R-rated movies and are not supposed to.

"Hey doesnt that demon sound like the one from the ex... think theocratic thoughts, theocratic thoughts!"

• blondie
    blondie

After all the counsel against horror and spooky movies, I was surprised that the WTS re-enacted this demonized experience not!

Blondie

• JOLLYME
    JOLLYME

MY FRIEND SAID IT WAS A CHILD THAT WAS POSSESSED!

• kls
    kls

A possed child? They should be arrested for mental cruelity, this really makes me angry. GRRRRRRRR.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

yes i made it to the sunday of the convention and the drama was about a woman possessed. it was actually the most well-done drama i have ever seen. and im very old! kidding. but i have seen many many many shitty dramas in my short time. i had heard about it before i went cuz a buddy of mine saw it at an early convention. and i was wondering whether it was actually going to be scriptural when the man (the apostle paul) expelled the demon from this woman. from the earliest i can remember, i was told that if i saw a demon, to say "go away in the name of jehovah." when i actually read the bible, i realised that the apostles and disciples did everything in the name of jesus. and that surprised and upset me. so i wanted to see how the apostle paul (knowing full well what the scripture says) would expell the demon. well to my great surprise, he actually expelled it in the name of Jesus. hmmmmmm no wonder all my demons stayed when i used jehovah. now i know which name is the most powerful.

bethel light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit