World Court

by Yerusalyim 41 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

I doubt that a muslim would do it becuase they are a muslim anymore than I doubt a christian would do it because they are a christian.

If you want to label or tag any people who kill who happen to be muslims then you also have to do the same thing for christians surely?

So, because there are christian killers, rapists and generally *not nice* people, can we say:

This is the goal of Christians, to convert the world into a Christian world, it's in their Bible. They've been doing this for 1,500 years and they're still doing it today. There can be no exception, no deviation, no compromise. You are either for God or you are against God.

Labelling one group of fanatics as "the enemy" is all well and good, what you should do though is label "fanatics" as the enemy so whatever religion they happen to belong to becomes less relevent.

I personally find whacko-right-wing-fundamentalist-christian-gun-toting-nut-jobs much scarier than someone who just happens to be 'muslim'.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:I have seen suggestions on this board that perhaps Israel should just roll over and play dead and let the Palestinians take over all the land between the sea and the Jordon river.

It almost seems to me, Shutter, that when you see someone condemn a disgusting Isreali action, you automatically assume two things: a) that there is no such thing as a disgusting Isreali action, and b) that Isrealis should not be criticised for their actions, ever, because Palistinians have terrorist organizations in them, not to mention that Arabs have terrorist organizations, and Palastinians are Arab, and further, Isrealis always act with the best response to end the violence.

Is that your position? I suspect it isn't exactly, but it does seem to be what you articulate.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    If you want to label or tag any people who kill who happen to be muslims then you also have to do the same thing for christians surely?

Simon, I haven't labeled anyone. In fact, if you will read my post I went out of my way to avoid that very thing. Plus you are correct, too many times christianity has come out of the barrel of a gun, no argument there. However this argument started because of the fence Israel has put between themselves and the Arabs to protect themselves. I can't blame them for that, can you ??

As far a Christians go they aren't blowing up buildings or sawing peoples heads off while they are alive,so far as I know, so right now I fear the extremist Muslims more than the Christians.

• Simon
    Simon
    As far a Christians go they aren't blowing up buildings or sawing peoples heads off while they are alive,so far as I know, so right now I fear the extremist Muslims more than the Christians.

Well, they do blow people up and kill them. Do only certain typers of deaths count for some reason?

Would it make it clearer if news reports were fairer and reported that the Oklahoma City Bombing was doen by "Christian Terrorists".

So many of these groups such as the KKK seem to have bible-based agendas. I guess it's easier to just focus on mulslims though eh?

However this argument started because of the fence Israel has put between themselves and the Arabs to protect themselves. I can't blame them for that, can you ??

Yes, because they go in shooting and killing and oppressing the palestinians, demolishing homes, kicking people stealing land and generally conducting state sponsored terror.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    I've never seen such a post Shutterbug. Could you direct me to it, or even summarize the specifics of these suggestions?

The post that immediately comes to mind had to do with Israel's right to exist and the poster was Simon. He apparently didn't think so. Would go back and try to find it but it is not worth the time, I know I read it, if you choose not to believe that I can live with it.

I am confused as to how you read so much into my little short post. In other words you put words in my mouth. I'm not forgiving anyone on anything except for building that fence which seems to be a compartivitly peaceful way of solving the problem.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Yes, because they go in shooting and killing and oppressing the palestinians, demolishing homes, kicking people stealing land and generally conducting state sponsored terror.

So they shouldn't build the fence because the may have done some of those things ?? That doesn't even make sense. As you know the palestinians were made a very good offer for peace during the Clinton admin. but turned it down flat and didn't make a counter offer. That is when they started sending suicide murderers.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Would it make it clearer if news reports were fairer and reported that the Oklahoma City Bombing was doen by "Christian Terrorists".

So many of these groups such as the KKK seem to have bible-based agendas. I guess it's easier to just focus on mulslims though eh?

However this argument started because of the fence Israel has put between themselves and the Arabs to protect themselves. I can't blame them for that, can you ??

To some extent you have a point Simon, but, if you'd watched the US media a bit closer you'd see that some WERE calling him a Christian terrorist, though his philosophy was white supremicism, not christianity. He and the White Power churches and the KKK have been denounced by mainstream Christian groups all over the world...not so our muslim firends.

Simon, has it occured to you that the reason the Israelis "shoot and kill, ...demolish homes....is because of the terrorism directed against them by the radical Palestinians?

• Simon
    Simon
    He and the White Power churches and the KKK have been denounced by mainstream Christian groups all over the world...not so our muslim firends.

Well, how "denounced" they are and who you define as the mainstream groups is really down to opinion isn't it?

Besides "mainstream muslim" groups denounce the "mulsim terrorism". So what's your point?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Yizuman, you really are a zenephobic wuss.

Simon, in order to stay within the guidlines/policy set by you, should'nt we keep the name calling out of this ??

xen·o·phobe person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Besides "mainstream muslim" groups denounce the "mulsim terrorism". So what's your point?

You know, even here in the US I never heard any Muslim group denounce Muslim Terroism. It may have happened, but for the most part I heard Muslims defending the actions of the terroists. If any muslim groups are denouncing the terriosts I will apologize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit