Reading Glasses and Headaches

by Big Tex 29 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Big Tex

What I want to know is has the glasses solved the headache problem or do you have to look geekish (like me) for nothing. LOL

Also, knowing that maybe you haven't had the glasses long enough to know if it works.

Special K

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

my mom wears reading glasses, and she loves them!

She is 46 too.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YEAH TEX, GETTING OLDER IS NOT FOR SISSYS. 42 IS WHERE I FOUND OUT THAT IF I HAD MY HEAD PUSHED CLOSE TO THE DISTRIBUTOR BY THE HOOD, EVERYTHING GOT FUZZY.

SO THE DOC SAID THE MUSCLES IN THE EYE COULD NO LONGER MOVE THE STIFFER COMPONENTS IN MY EYES. EVERYONE USUALLY ENDS UP THIS WAY AS THEY AGE.

I HAVE WORN GLASSES FOR 26 YRS NOW. JUST GOT USED TO THEM LAST MONTH.

YOU WILL GET USED TO IT. GET THE SMALLEST AND LIGHTEST ONES YOU CAN.

THIS WAY THEY DON'T PULL YOUR NOSE DOWN TO YOUR CHIN.

IT MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE YOU LOOK DISTINGUISHED. I THINK THEY ARE REQUIRED IF YOU ARE AN ELDER. BUT THEY HAVE TO OK THE DESIGN. OTHER WISE YOU MAY LOOK LIKE A MORMON.

WELCOME TO OLD AGE BROTHER.

Outoftheorg

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    What I want to know is has the glasses solved the headache problem or do you have to look geekish (like me) for nothing

No, still had a headache today although it wasn't as bad. It's a pain and a half to have to continually flip your head up and down to look out of the lens or not and for no bloody good reason.

I guess that's why I'm not convinced this will solve the problem. My eyesight is okay, it's the distance not the close up that I'm having trouble with. Well that and the headaches from hell.

I got my first pair of glasses at 8. I switched to contact lenses at 17 and then had the laser surgery when I was 34. So since then, everything has been just peachy. Zero problems ... until now.

I THINK THEY ARE REQUIRED IF YOU ARE AN ELDER.

That's right, kick a guy when he's down .

And as far as looking distinguished, well I'm going to need a lot more help than just reading glasses!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Sorry, your only 42, not 46!

Sorry

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

BT - one word

bifocals

and don't laugh mine are trifocals

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Don't worry about it Stef, by now it doesn't really matter. If you want to know the truth half the time I don't know whether I'm 41 or 42!

LL, I had bifocals when I was a kid. But how would that help now? If my eyesight is okay and the problem really is more difficulty in focusing, how will bifocals help? Yes, I'm ignorant.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah the bifoculs will take care of that looking through and then over the lenses.

The last couple of glasses I got had the, I think they call them "graduated lenses".

It is like having 8 or 10 lenses top to bottom. I had a hard time getting used to

having to move my head as I change from close to far and if one looks left or right you need to

move your head. However once I got used to them I would not have anything else.

There are no lines and the glasses look just like sunglasses. By moving my head I can adjust

to and use the right prescription for up close to miles away and all in between. They are a bit

spendy though.

Outoftheorg

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

"What a drag it is getting old" I'm right there behind ya...I'm 40...do the glasses. Which is more important, your vanity or your quality of life?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I guess that's why I'm not convinced this will solve the problem. My eyesight is okay, it's the distance not the close up that I'm having trouble with

Bt if your regular eyesigth is good then that part of the lens is regular glass. Only the part for the distance would be the prescription. It saves you putting them on and off all the time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit