How did you find your job?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

To this day I'm not sure where they got ahold of my resume, but I suspect it was an old one on Monster.com

• Undecided
    Undecided

My brother and I both worked for the same company from day one untill we retired. When we took the test they gave back in the 50s, we both had the best scores of anyone who had taken it. It was some IQ and dexterity test. I quit twice but they hired me back each time I asked to come back, both times before a year had passed. We retired on the same day and both of us were working in the data processing department. He was a programmer and I was in operations in the computer room.

We both had worked in the blanket warehouse as an order filler when we first went to work in the early 50s. When they installed the accounting machines in the office he went to work there. In a few years they needed someone for a new installation of accounting machines in the warehouse and I took that job. In later years they built a general office building and we both were in the same office untill we retired. He made more money than me but I liked operations and he liked programming. I let the JW faith keep me from becomming supervisor of the computer room operations because I would have had to work at night and miss some meetings.

Ken P.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I've just landed a peach of a job as a software consultant for a large American corp working on telecoms stuff. I was lucky, I found a couple of good recruitment consultants who worked hard to get my CV infront of the right people and I sold myself when the interview came round.

I've been in telecoms for 5 years since finishing my degree. its a pretty small industry since the large scale redundancies so you see the same faces as you move from one company to the next. Alot of my friends were made redundant recently and as one or two found work they brought in loads of friends by passing their CVs to the relevant bosses.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I have 2 jobs, the 1st one I found all by my big bad self

the 2nd one was through good contacts.

Brummie

The way I got my (great) job had lots to do with timing. Being told the end was coming, and did not, I got an education and worked hard instead of wasting time banging on doors and begging for money. Otherwise, this is the first time I've posted. I'm recently df'd and feel pretty good inside about that, but the long family involvement hurts. Just got back from the district convention and learned that Satan has been busy this past year desiging clothes, fancy vehicles, running the internet, harassing witnesses, operating tatoo parlors, programming video games, making movies and books--to name a few. God pissed away the year making a book that only one page can be read of and a flimsy brochure.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Three and a half years ago, while sitting at my home computer in Haifa, Israel, I logged onto the American Fisheries Society home page and checked the employment listings. Applied by e-mail and then flew to Oregon to interview. Was hired on the spot! Two weeks later checked for cars on the net and located just the Volvo S40 I wanted and made an offer electronically. Closed the deal and sent earnest money via electronic transfer. Surfed the Astoria home page and selected a half dozen homes in the price range we wanted. Upon arrival, the agent took us to four of them, one of which we closed on in two weeks. Then the wait....

Our personal effects van took four months to arrive..

carm

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I saw this add that said "We do more before 9AM than most people do all day" and I thought "COOL, I'll be home before lunch every day"...BIG MISTAKE!

Actually the military has been quite good to me.

• joenobody
    joenobody

lol @ Yeru... that's hilarious!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    Just got back from the district convention and learned that Satan has been busy this past year desiging clothes, fancy vehicles, running the internet, harassing witnesses, operating tatoo parlors, programming video games, making movies and books--to name a few. God pissed away the year making a book that only one page can be read of and a flimsy brochure.

LOL.

Welcome to the board, you will fit in just fine arould here.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

My frist job i got was because i had inquired on doing voluntary work there, just to get experience. After my first day there they said they had a position opening and would i like it. Worked there for 2 years.

My current job I got just like neverthere, I'm a stay at home mum to. It's the best job in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit