I am a sociopath - WT Society's fault???

by Confucious 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Confucious,

It's easy to blame all of our own faults on the WTBTS, but this 'sociopath-like' personality can very well be who you are, regardless of what group you're associated with.

I can tell you because I used to think my 'loner' personality was directly associated with the religion, but come to find out, it wasn't at all. A 'loner' is who/what I am.

I'm friendly and cordial towards everybody, but have to need to develop closeness/friendship with anyone particularly. I'm closer to my immediate relatives and my husband; they fullfil all my needs for human interaction.

Now that I'm in no-man's land when it comes to religion, I've developed 'small talk' friendships with different individuals but still have no need whatsoever to have a closer friend or to be surrounded by people at all. However, to function in this world I must, so I'll cope.

So, Confucious, a 'sociopath-like' style maybe your own whether inside the WTBTS or not.

DY

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I was "born in the troof" so how can I make a fair comparison of Dub's vs. Worldly people?Simple,I worked 21 years in the secular world.

No question about it, in my experience and exposure to both model types;Jehovah's Witnesses vs. Worldly 'normals'.The JW's are a lot more f**ked up than my worldly schoolmates/ workmates!

What would you expect from folks who's leader[Freddy Franz] coined the phrase regarding 'worldly children',"..well little nits they grow up to be big nits.."

Something is horribly wrong and demonic!

Analyze until your paralyzed how do you analyze the mindset of the psychopath/sociopath? Danny Haszard has given heavy research into this topic,because it is the most incriminating and scariest feature of Jehovah's Witnesses Psychopaths 101 : "arrogance of ruthless egotism" will look you in the eye, so that you can see your refection in the back of their retina. When they bold-face lie to you. I knew a whole lotta Jehovah's Witnesses that were just like that. Quote from the Clint Eastwood flick;'outlaw Josey Wales' I all ask is that you;" don't Peeingpiss down my back and tell me it's raining" WHY, IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO MAKE COMPARISONS/CONNECTIONS WITH OTHER CULTS.As soon as the client sees the striking similarity of tactics with the other cults it will click with them. That's what happened to myself and many others.I was truly amazed that the moonies call their deceptive protocol of lying:"heavenly deception".How this rings and resonates so closely with the Watchtower's;"theocratic warfare". The moonies twisted heavenly deception plays like this:"Satan's children lie to God's children,so in turn it's proper for God's children (e.g. the moonies) To lie and deceive Satan's children. The commonality of the cults,it's downright disturbing and uncanny. http://www.freeminds.org/psych/lifton.htm "Birds of a feather flock together"."People are known by the company that they keep".And so on....... Here in the good ole USA we call it a CON GAME. [ A doctrine of Mr. Moon's is "Heavenly Deception", which briefly stated is this Because Satan deceives God's children, God's children, in turn, have the right to deceive Satan's children. Of course, you and I are defined by Mr. Moon as "Satan's children", so we are the victims who get sold their merchandise, along with the lie that it is for "youth work", "Orphans", or "drug rehabilitation". Mr. Moon has been put in jail for tax evasion, and continues to have troubles with the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S.A. He has added several major industries to his street activities and continues to rake in the money.] JW as the articulated manipulator Governing Body as evil rulers causing death Toxic fascist faith! A psychopath can beat a polygraph. This is due to NO CONSCIENCE. A psychopath is always comfortable in their own skin. Amoral, the only conscience a psychopath has, is the fear of getting caught. Malicious, willful and wanton. Everybody is at fault except them. They put the guilt trip on you. It's all the victim's fault. Cult mind control dynamic, is much like the BATTERED SPOUSE SYNDROME, except it's on a large scale. "Theory of mind" why children up to age 3-4 usually lack the capacity to lie and connive:
    Matthew 19 14 But He said, Leave the children alone! Allow the little ones to come to Me, and do not forbid or restrain or hinder them, for of such [as these] is the kingdom of heaven composed.

Matthew 18:3
    And said, Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all]. Children are unpretentious they don't put on airs.Psychologist say children up to the age of 4 don't have what they call 'theory of mind'.Meaning they lack the concept of scheming and conniving.Which they develop as they mature.Children are straight forward and shoot from the hip,

Theory of Mindhttp://host.uniroma3.it/progetti/kant/field/tom.htm

ยป Theologically,Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult of Christianity.The oppressive organization does not represent historical, Biblical Christianity in any way. Sociologically, it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths.

• franklin J
    franklin J

confuscious,

your definition of "sociopath" ( stepping over anyone in your way) could profile everyone in New York City.

Perhaps you just have to relocate here to feel comfortable and "among like minded" people.

Frank

• Confucious
    Confucious

Really good stuff in here guys.

I'm so incredibly thankful for these posts.

• proplog2
    proplog2

We all demonstrate certain characteristics of sociopaths.

Successful predators are "sociopaths".

Un-succesful predators are "criminals".

Sociopaths tend to be good-looking - smart- charming - criminals. Most appropriate job = king.

The rest of us who behave according to the norms of society fear getting caught so we kiss butt and work real hard. But deep in our hearts is a sociopath dreaming about revenge, people worshiping us, unlimited sex, and a life of unfettered fun. Most of our mental illness is the anger & depression induced by our inner sociopath not getting its way. Forget the inner child - its really your INNER SOCIOPATH.

The cure for sociopathy is getting caught and being placed in solitary confinement for 5 years.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Mostly I THINK, because I was have been in such a SELF-DENIAL stage for so long. That, finally, I've decided to be good to myself.

Conf,

This seems to be quite common among many of us----that feeling of having lost so much under the regime of the WTS life. Now we feel thngs are "due" us, and we also have a lot of catching up to do.

I don't see this as sociopathic behavior more than I see it as trying to sieze the opportunties we may have lost as a JW. New "freedoms" and the like are the driving force---not the darkness of what you are saying you are guilty of.

If you recognize certain behaviors that your not very proud of---change them! If you can't change them---then "see somebody" who can help!

Take care,

hugs,

Annie

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECTS: Be careful not to mistake a Psychopath ( a moral judgment ) with a psychotic ( a major mental illness )

Quick definitions (psychotic)
    Encyclopedia article (Psychosis)
    Psychosis is a psychiatric classification for a mental state in which the perception of reality is distorted. Persons experiencing a psychotic episode may experience hallucinations (often auditory or visual hallucinations), hold paranoid or delusional beliefs, experience personality changes and exhibit disorganized thinking (see thought disorder). (continued at Wikipedia)

• noun: someone with a sociopathic personality; a person with an antisocial personality disorder (`psychopath' was once widely used but has now been superseded by `sociopath')
  • Quick definitions (psychopath)

Satan is the personification of a psychopath but he cannot be psychotic because he doesn't have a human flesh and blood brain.

It was Alfred Hitchcock who corrupted are concept meaning with his horror flick psycho Zany Roger that sunspot,AA has a cute catchy catchphrase ( one of countless) "Danny,make change your best friend".

• Confucious
    Confucious

Sun:

Thanks for your last post.

I almost feel like a teenager again. Pretty much finding myself after thinking that I had it all figured out.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Confucious,

You have been given some really good advice here and I can't really add much. The advice about labels is very, very true...don't label yourself and don't let anyone that is not trained or experienced with mental disorders to do it either, especially your x-wife. If you are 'labeled' long enough the danger is, as you have experienced yourself...you will begin to believe it.

My wife's 1st husband was a true sociopath. I will not get into what he did to her and other people, but she is terrified still, after 20 years that he will show up, hopefully... someone has put an end to his useless life.

Someone said, those type of people have no conscience, this is very true, they can also physically inflict pain and serious injury upon another with absolutely no 'feeling' on their part. In other words they can cut someone with a knife...for the 'fun' of it or because its 'interesting' or because they actually get a sick thrill out of the act. How about extenguishing a cigarette on a womans breast...? THAT is what some of them can do without feeling 'anything' for there victim...very scary.

If you have depressive problems, they may or may not be related to your history as a JW. I had/have that problem and feel like being a JW certainly adds a lot more 'trash to the can'... that depression already brings to your life. The best thing I ever did, as I was fading, going thru a nasty divorce and dealing with my Major depression and epilepsy was -- I went to a Psychiatrist and started drug and "talk" therapy. I had had some labels put upon me, too. I began to wonder about my self, too. So, one of the things that is done is a diagnosis by the Doctor thru observations and a host of psychological tests. It was very comforting to find out what my friends already knew...the only thing wrong with me was major depression, it was treatable and I was completely normal otherwise.

My depression is under control, I no longer need anti-depressives, I am happily married -- and out of the world of the Watchtower !

Never Surrender

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

More on 'theory of mind' with small children.We all have witnessed this but may have never grasped the concept.

[ I find it absolutely fasinating ]

Illustration:If we play a variation of the 'shell game' with 3y.o.,sally,danny and auntie kathie.

We 3 are in the room we put uncle danny's candy under one of 4 cups.

Danny leaves the room,and auntie kathie spins the cups and changes the spot for danny's candy.

Danny returns,the child is asked;"now where should uncle danny look for his candy.

The child will point to the last spot when i was last in the room before the switch.

Three year old Sally doesn't grasp the concept that we all have independent and seperate minds.

She thinks that all people in the world think with one mind(her's).

Because of this she doesn't know that she can manipulate others,because she hasn't developed "theory of mind" yet.Usually they don't grasp this until about 4 years of age.

Sad to say,at this point they now can "sin" by manipulating others.

This may be what Jesus meant by;"becoming like young children" in the sense of innocence and unpretentious and not putting on airs.

I have always prayed to be able to emulate this attribute.In fact I am brutally honest,but it's more of me not giving a hoot about pleasing people and then taking any credit for goodie two shoes self-righteousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit