I am a sociopath - WT Society's fault???

by Confucious 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Although not professionally diagnosed, I feel like I'm a sociopath.

Someone told me the definition of one (and it is complex) and I feel I fit the mold - although not 100 percent. There are some things that I don't match the definition of.

Anyway, I feel that my depressions was caused by the WT Society (Society - Such a creepy word).

That I'm sure of.

But I was wondering - do you think that being a JW contributed to me being a sociopath???

First of all, it takes a big man (that is I, hehehe) to admit he is a sociopath.

But I was thinking that I became one - mainly because I was repressed and I've gotten to the point where my conscience is scared.

I still care about people - a GREAT deal.

But I'm very self-centered.

Mostly I THINK, because I was have been in such a SELF-DENIAL stage for so long. That, finally, I've decided to be good to myself.

Anyway, any thoughts??? Not flames please.

I know I can be an ass sometimes.

Just wanted to know your thoughts.

Con

• simplesally
    simplesally

Why do you feel like a sociopath?

• Confucious
    Confucious

Simply,

Thanks for answering.

There was a guy that I feel that was taking advantage of me business wise.

He told me that I was a sociopath.

I'm young (relatively) and I make real good money.

So he called me a sociopath.

So I looked it up on the Internet.

And some stuff did match.

So I emailed the link to my ex-wife whom is someone I really trust and we're still friends.

Anyway, she agreed.

So that's where I am.

• simplesally
    simplesally

What matched?

• talesin
    talesin

1. A sociopath HAS NO CONSCIENCE.

You already said your conscience is bothered, confucious.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Simple,

I guess the main core or a sociopath is that "he/she steps over everyone to get what he/she wants." (my defiition).

Anyway, I've been so giving (Pioneer for 10 years) that I got to the point where I'm almost the total opposite.

Not that I kick stray cats or stuff like that. But I'm almost at the point where I don't care about anyone else but myself.

And I do feel bad about it.

The last year (and this was after my divorce and my exit from the Borg), I've probably had 10 girlfriends. And I probably fired 5 empolyees for whatever reason.

Anyway, I'm not way out there, because I could still reason.

But sometimes I wonder if I'm just an ass and everyone else is wrong or - everyone else is just taking advantage of me.

Con

• Satanus
    Satanus

I doubt that the wt could do that to somebody, unless they were already bent that way. I think it starts w one or both parents. The mother is the root, imo. If she doesn't give physical affection and relate/communicate well w the infant, then the emotional foundation that enables a person to make attatchments/feel close to others is not there.

The atlantic mag did a good article on this a few yrs ago. I may try to find it tomorrow.

Here is a quote:

The irony is that people who grow up with emotionally absent mothers/trauma issues desperately crave to be filled by the "Mother", but cannot tolerate/have difficulty allowing themselves to receive love from others.

S

Ps, there is another classification: narcistic - totally selfish, self centred.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Tal,

Well that's good news.

Hmmm. Thanks.

Con

• Confucious
    Confucious

"Sat (on my) Anus" - Satanus,

Can I call you that???

J/K. No disrespect intended.

Could you PLEASE give me more info on that article???

Con

• Confucious
    Confucious

Satanus,

The reason I say that is because my ex-wife has told me at times that I had REAL issues with Non-comunicado with my mother.

Con

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit