What Kind of JW Were You?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

SP, I'm glad you're here again and at Slippy's. Just curious, are you here to stay or is this just a little visit??

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Very sincere, very true to WT doctrine, just not enough endurance to do all the reading or make it to all the meetings. In other words, I was a bad witness.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Confused

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think I was good, loyal JW. Hubby was a big shot, so I was a big shit's shot's wife. I was a pioneer too, so you can draw your own conclusions.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I was a good little dub. I always did what I was told. I pioneered and brought many to org. and was used at assemblies as a good role model.

OH I am making myself sick just thinking about it.

• Carmel
    Carmel

the up and coming child prodigy turned pain-in-the-ass for the cong servant. The more questions I asked, the more rebuffs I got, the more deterimined I became force them to answer or heave me. Needless to say, never got the answers but got the heave-ho! Became the first member of the mutual dis-admiration society for our new congregation. Gotta be first at sompin...

carm

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    SP, I'm glad you're here again and at Slippy's. Just curious, are you here to stay or is this just a little visit??

I'm not really sure what you mean . . I don't plan on either, I guess I just plan to go with the flow and see what happens.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    I was a second rate JW (sister with an unbelieving mate) and believe you me many of us were second rate citizens in the congo.

Same here Cyber-sista ... only I married an unbelieving alcoholic. Yet when our marriage was over, suddenly it was him who was the good guy and I "made" him drink ... "No wonder he drank!!!" was the gossip.

Sheesh!!! There is no pleasing some people!

ESTEE

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I was a second rate JW (sister with an unbelieving mate) and believe you me many of us were second rate citizens in the congo.

HEY!!!! CYBS!!

*I* was gonna say that!

Anyway, I was a boring good little loyal JW---accepted everything without question. The kind I wonder about now, and looking back I have to say, "WHAT was I thinking??"

hugs,

Annie

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was reluctant. I was a child of Witness parents. A Witness by osmosis. During my marriage to my first wife, I looked more of a Witness than I was due to her momentum and my support of her. After she died, I stuck around to see what happened in 1975. When I saw the year text for 1974 I left. My second Witness wife was still associating and I went to a few more meetings and assemblies. I was a believer yet not a believer for the next 18 years. In 1992 I read COC and I was free . . . . sort of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit