What Kind of JW Were You?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

...a know it all, a "weak one", a big shot? What??????

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

the kind that wondered what it would be like to have sex with heidi klum!!

• minimus
    minimus

You were a normal "bad" boy.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Pay attention to watchtower study or daydream about heidi? boy this is a tough one!!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I was the golden boy. Bethel bound!

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

Heidi's better! No doubt!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I was a second rate JW (sister with an unbelieving mate) and believe you me many of us were second rate citizens in the congo. Even though I had a very nice hubby who treated me very well and is/was a very decent and kind human being--I was still poor sister so-in-so who had to "endure" being married to an unbelieving mate. Though I became a JW after I had been married for a while I was always considered "spiritually weak" because of this un-natural union. It was the "cross" I had to bear. One elder told me that "being married to an unbeliever was like Jesus being married to Satan." (Brother-not-so-encouraging) I noticed the sisters who got the most respect were the ones who were abused by their unbelieving husbands. I think this is because they could claim true martyr status because of it. Having a good marriage to an unbeliever didn't fit the image the WT wanted to put out. Otherwise, I tried to be kind and merciful to everyone and to practice the fruits of the spirit in my life. I was a low hour publisher---never really felt totally connected with the Org--thought there was something wrong with me--or it was just my lot in life. What kind of a witness was I? Looking back I can see now I was a very depressed witness.

• blondie
    blondie

I was the thorn in their side.

back that is

• WTLies
    WTLies

I had two different stages as a JW. As a kid I broke all the rules especially the ones that included girls

As an young adult I was way too serious as a result I made MS rather quickly and then elder. I was a rule book guy. I lived by the rules and thought everyone else should too. The only no-no I did as an elder was, watch R rated movies. I never thought that was a big deal.

William,

former member of a Non-Prophet Organization

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

A double-lifer. . (but I believed it all whole-heartedly. I was sure I wouldn't be in the 'new system').

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit