The New Brochure - What are they thinking?

by czarofmischief 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I think I would appreciate the ransom if more appreciation for Judas would have been given. After all, Jesus received immortality and incorruptibility, and Judas went straight to Gehenna. Judas is the one who ought to get the praise, since his act of "betrayal" took the most courage. It's like when Jesus (Willem Defoe) asks Judas (Harvey Keitel) to betray him, Judas asks, ?If you were me, could you betray your master?? Jesus reply was, ?No. That?s why God gave me the easier job . . . to be crucified.?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Some great comments here. I would love to be able to stomach a bit of the article to comment specifically. but just from this thread,

Schizm,

Something else: From the time Jesus was created he was entitled to live forever
    Question: when was Jesus created? Was he created as Michael the good angel, then born as Jesus the good man? Die as Jesus the son of god? Come back invisibly(1914) as Jesus the angel? Choose the WT society in 1918? Then come back (3rd time?) as Michael(the Abaddon) to destroy?(1thes4:16) at armageddon - soon. Why don't the JWs give this story about Jesus at the door? Why are they so sneaky with their smooth publications?
    In spite of His resurrection powers God felt pain when his son went out of existence, even if was just for a few days.
    Could you please cite the scripture & context stating this? It is written Jesus visited and released the captives under the altar that had been waiting for him during the time he is said to have been in the tomb. Do you know this scripture?
    He went out of existence!
    Physically or spiritually or both? Was this mortal man, the "a god" of John 1:1, a true god or a false god. Jeremiah says that all false gods will perish. Which part of Jesus when out of existence? Which part came back in? Were they the same? His angel (spirit) Michael body changes to a mortal Jesus body then back to a Jesus spirit body - later to be back to the angel (Michael) Yet he is a man and a son just like us(albeit a very good man)? his Father grieved over his death? What does the scripture mean that says Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever? I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus

Will, your questions are all answered in the book The Divine Plan of the Ages. Russell does a nice job, if you ask me.

• JT
    JT

The only reason I put a password on that is to prevent people from Hot Linking (using the images on their own web site). Basically it is a deturant to keep good little JWs from showing the brochure to their friends... think about it... how many good little JWs do you know who would be willing to enter the username "FormidableApostate

@@@

see you "Ain't" Right- smile

• shamus
    shamus

I just can't believe that they still print out that stuff.

Again, nice password, Elsewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit