The New Brochure - What are they thinking?

by czarofmischief 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

>>>The problem with the hourglass is that the Society continously keeps flipping it over when no one is watching! ROFL! Cute!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Would you be willing to allow your own son to be put to death, even if you had the power to bring him back to life?

In such a case, someone dieing would be no different than them going to sleep... like the JWs teach.

So, if you are asking me if I would mind letting a child of mine go to sleep, then waking him in the morning... sure... I would have no problem with it.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Sorry, Elsewhere (you little rascal), but you made another dumb statement ... and here it is:

So, if you are asking me if I would mind letting a child of mine go to sleep, then waking him in the morning... sure... I would have no problem with it.

The sole reason the Bible likens death to a deep sleep is because there's actually Someone who has the ability to bring the deceased back to life. Of course YOU aren't the one that has that capability. But even if you did, I find it hard to believe that you could treat the literal death of your own son so lightly. Wouldn't that be neat though if we could just go around killing everyone who might offend us or treat us unkindly. Why the authorities wouldn't even need to go to the expense of court proceedings and send us to prison as murderers, because everyone we kill would be back awake the very next "morning".

Now who's really the Little Rascal here?

In spite of His resurrection powers God felt pain when his son went out of existence, even if was just for a few days. Even those who sincerely believe that their loved ones will receive a resurrection are deeply greived over their death. Though knowing that they will be back it still doesn't disolve the hurt. You're no superman, Elsewhere ... just a mischievious Little Rascal.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

God "Jehovah" never said he felt sorry for Jesus dying. Jesus groups said God was grieved but God never commented.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

CZAR

What a downright depressing brochure! No wonder I was a depressed JW!!! I bought into all that negative energy ... How could a dub be anything but depressed! Sheesh! What was I thinking!

I am very glad I left the borg!

ESTEE

• Schizm
    Schizm
    God "Jehovah" never said he felt sorry for Jesus dying. Jesus groups said God was grieved but God never commented.--XQsThaiPoes.

One of the fruitages of God's spirit is love. The Bible says that God is love. Unquestionably, God had a tremendous amount of love for his son Jesus. Were it to be true, as you suggest, that God didn't grieve over the torture and death of his only-begotten son, then His love would be questionable. Even humans grieve over the death of a beloved pet animal, because of love for the pet. Are we to suppose that the God of love is less capable of experiencing grief than us humans?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, I am using a public computer at the moment, not at home.. When I try to access page 1 of this thread, I only get a default message "Access barred due to sexual content" that must be one heck of a departure for the WTS!!

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Czar,

Your question presuppose that thinking is something done in the Borg? We all know what the obvious answer to that is.

LABD

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    One of the fruitages of God's spirit is love. The Bible says that God is love. Unquestionably, God had a tremendous amount of love for his son Jesus. Were it to be true, as you suggest, that God didn't grieve over the torture and death of his only-begotten son, then His love would be questionable. Even humans grieve over the death of a beloved pet animal, because of love for the pet. Are we to suppose that the God of love is less capable of experiencing grief than us humans?

.Grief is not a proof of love and is not realate. Soldiers grieve of enemies they have kill and weretrained to hate at the time. And Gods love is questionable in many circles. Yes If you were God I wouls expect you wuold be "less capable" of greiving because you have the power to do anything you want.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    In spite of His resurrection powers God felt pain when his son went out of existence, even if was just for a few days. Even those who sincerely believe that their loved ones will receive a resurrection are deeply greived over their death.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Zap! - He's dead.
    Zap! - He's not dead.

If it is really that easy for that deity, then I don't see what the trauma is. For humans it is still traumatic because they will still miss their loved one... and deep down know that they have only their faith to trust in regarding life after death. They know that they have no concrete evidence to support the idea of getting someone back... deep down they wonder and worry... all they have is their faith.

The deity on the other hand should know for certain and therefore not miss it's son. Just like letting a child take a nap... no big deal.

Your error is assigning human qualities to a deity that is supposed to be perfect and infinite... you just can't do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit