Marley Cole, a Watchtower Stooge?

by JAVA 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Hi JAVA, Marley currently resides in Mounds View, Minnesota. He stepped aside as an elder back in 97 or so to take care of his wife Fern. I will say this about old fella, he personally is a very good person. He will see someone who needs assistance and will help him long term in whatever way he can. They still used him to give circuit assembly parts even though he was no longer serving. Still likes to take a nip every now and then as well. He has also seen firsthand the cruel side of the org when he and several of the body were removed in Roswell,GA. when they got sideways with a heavy down there. I know personally that he doesnt buy all that is taught either.But unfortunatly will probably go down with the org. I have lots of Marley stories, but out of respect for a kind man I will keep them to myself. Hoe this helps,Dino

• Maximus
    Maximus

Ply him with good Scotch and ask the old sweetheart how it feels to have written an excellent book on "the greatest man who ever lived," have it worked over by the boy (singular) in Writing years later, and published by the Society?

I respect his privacy too but am curious about that one.

M

• JAVA
    JAVA

Dino,

I will say this about old fella, he personally is a very good person.

Thanks for the information; you seem to know a great deal about Cole, and I appreciate your comments. I know many good people that are still JWs, too. I'm sure Witnesses like Cole struggle with moral issues inasmuch as they're part of a religion that brushes morality aside when it gets in the way. Surely he knows the book was presented dishonestly even if the Tower encouraged the false representation. It would be a shame for Cole to die taking the rap of misrepresentation to the grave while the real culprit gets away with the scam.

I like M's suggestion, and I'm willing to buy the "good Scotch" to help Cole leave this system of things with a clear conscience. The information could be held while he's alive to avoid personal embarrassment.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Dino
    Dino

Relax Maximus ... We all enjoy your posts. Sometimes I feel like I am back in the congregation again with all this name-dropping and one upmanship. In response to your query, he was philosophical about it and half expected to be plagarized with his book about David. Only after his demise this time. Dino

• Maximus
    Maximus

Glad you got it. I understand your reply too.

I readily admit to dropping a few gems just to keep the boys on their toes and to let them know that there are a few of us around who do know the facts ... (((Hey! You guys monitoring! How'd you like the premature release of the pedophile policy letter in Great Britain? How you gonna deal with that in the US?)))

He really is an outstanding writer. I'll try to write him. He certainly is no stooge, and you sure put it well when you described his Roswell predicament. Tell him he still has lots of friends from a kinder time, when it was okay to doubt, to kick some things around. Not today ...

Best, Dino

Maximus

• Dino
    Dino

Thanks Maximus, I 'll bet the monitors hate it that someone of your knowledge and experience lets us see some of the inner workings of the org. As always, we enjoy your posts!! Dino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit