1914 Generation Doctrine on their Website

by Sirona 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

There are several entities employed by the Watch Tower Corporations at play at one time. One is employed to produce literature, another is at work on content of printed literature, a third is working on member retention, a fourth is in charge of real estate and property development, a fifth manages the gross assets and solicits donations of cash and wills and real property, the sixth trains current and future full time workers, number seven maintains the web page and produces the CD's, eight takes care of correspondence with outside contacts such as the press, nine does the correspondence with inside people such as Circuit Overseers and elder questions, ten is in charge of new recruits and distribution of printed material, eleven deals with internal application of written and verbal law and deals with judicial issues, number twelve is legal which has a strategic hand in all operations.

These are just the top line divisions. The divisions are divided and there is a sort of disconnected competition in the areas of policy and principles. All the divisions are NOT marching to the same drummer. The most flexible of all the mediums employed by the Watch Tower Publishing conglomerate is the Internet site, yet we find 9 year outdated information there . . . . why? It's there on purpose.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.watchtower.org/library/lmn/article_10.htm

For some 35 years prior to 1914, The Watchtower (now the most widely distributed religious magazine on earth) had been calling attention to 1914 as a year marked in Bible prophecy.

Not the most widely "read"

And they leave out that they taught Christ?s presence began in 1874 not 1914.

Here?s another place on the WTS website that needs editing.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/lmn/article_11.htm

Would you like to live in Paradise? If your answer is 'Yes,' you will be thrilled to know that when Jesus spoke of today's troubled system and "the sign" of its approaching destruction, he added, "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." Some, at least, of the generation that saw the "beginning of pangs of distress" in 1914 will live to see Paradise restored on earth. (Matthew 24:3-8, 34)

• observador
    observador
    I'm one of those who believe they were right the first time and their newer view of the 'generation' is the incorrect one. A person born in 1914 is 90 years old now.

Flash, that is what I thought when the change came out in 1995. But as the years passed, I came to the realization that the WT was right: that doctrine had been bogus all along.

When I read CoC, then things became a lot more clear on this particular topic.

Observador.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

As far as I can tell, the real issue is that the Society isn't willing to do any original writing for its website. Unlike every other website on the planet, which actually has copy custom-written for the site, the WTS site is just a collection of WTS publications.

So the people who actually manage the site don't have the authority to change one word of those publications.

On the plus side, given that this is an online reprint of a '93 brochure, you've got to give them props for not retroactively "correcting" the text as they've done with so many other publications.

• Corvin
    Corvin

They are just milking that 1914 doctrine for all its worth til they can find another angle to keep the sheep-like ones locked in the pen.

• shotgun
    shotgun

See Sirona..the WTBTS was right...the internet can't be trusted. The worldwide web of deceit, it's Satans tool of deception. Check out JWmedia.org where they resort to commercials and radio ads for which they have always chastised other religions using Public relation scams.

Next it will be time shares at the Mexican Bethel if you make a sizable voluntary "wink wink" donation.

Thus, all the features of the last days must take place within the lifetime of one generation, the generation of 1914. So some people who were alive in 1914 will still be alive when this system comes to its end. That generation of people is now very advanced in years, indicating that there is not much time left before God brings this present system of things to an end.
  • Flash
    Flash
    Flash,

You are seriously deluded if you believe in the 1914 crap!

Sirona

Deluded Sirona? No, I know the WTS has major cult issues, but they do, IMO, have much right (not all) about their understanding of the bible and the End Times. Look around...don't you see the downward spiral humanity has been in since that date, add to it all the weird diseases/weather plus the level of evil in violent crimes that keep growing in number? Just normal life??? I don't think so! ..................................................

Flash, that is what I thought when the change came out in 1995. But as the years passed, I came to the realization that the WT was right: that doctrine had been bogus all along.

When I read CoC, then things became a lot more clear on this particular topic.

Observador.

Jesus emphisized his return would be a LONG time coming in Matt.25. I believe 90 years qualifies.

• amac
    amac
    don't you see the downward spiral humanity has been in since that date, add to it all the weird diseases/weather plus the level of evil in violent crimes that keep growing in number?

No. I only see the average lifespans increasing. I see worldwide reporting that makes more people aware of all the atrocities...but I don't see anything to show that there are more atrocities. I read the Bible and thank God I don't live in those times, because they REALLY sucked.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

w91 3/15 13-18

6 If you are one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, are you keeping pace with God’s visible organization? Doing so is not simply a matter of attending Christian meetings and spending time in the ministry. Primarily, pace has to do with progress and spiritual growth. It involves having a positive outlook, setting proper priorities, and being up-to-date. If we are keeping pace with Jehovah’s celestial chariot, our lives are consistent with the message we proclaim.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

FLASH I th ink you need to spend a few days in your local public library, and research famines, war , desease, earthquakes, etc over the last 500 years. i'm sure once you do this you will never again say things are worse since 1914. my jw dad tried this on me 5 yrs ago . till i spend less than a week researching these wt teachings. poor dad had to call the police to get me out of the house , because i made him look like an uninformed FOOL. . and the best part was i didn't use one apostate book all that since 1914 is as easy to make look ungodly, unscholarly, lying bull$hit, with a simple look atr history books . at that place of worldy lies. your neighborhood public library. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit