1914 Generation Doctrine on their Website

by Sirona 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirona
    Sirona

http://www.watchtower.org/library/pr/index.htm?article=article_07.htm

How long a time period would these last days prove to be? Jesus said regarding the era that would experience the "beginning of pangs of distress" from 1914 onward: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." (Matthew 24:8, 34-36) Thus, all the features of the last days must take place within the lifetime of one generation, the generation of 1914. So some people who were alive in 1914 will still be alive when this system comes to its end. That generation of people is now very advanced in years, indicating that there is not much time left before God brings this present system of things to an end.

Does anyone else think its wierd that they've still got this on their site?

Sirona

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

It's weird - but I think their grip is fragmenting. They just aren't as centralized as they used to be.

CZAR

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Naaa... they're just lazy and unorganized.

They know that the website is not used to educate current JWs or new students. The only purpose of the website is to hook new people and then direct them into a one-on-one study of WT literature. Any new person who might read that will not notice the discrepancy, and the WTS knows this... do you think they would have 6.5 million followers if most people noticed discrepancies and contradictions like that?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

this will be a great test to see how quickly it is taken down now that Sirona has pointed it out on here.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, that quote has been on their website for years, and others have posted about it before.

The WTS doesn't care... just want to reel in as many suckers as possible.

• glitter
    glitter

But that's *really* old light...! Hehe dumbasses.

*Will* be interesting to see how quick it gets changed - Apostates doing their proof-reading for them!

Let's all ring up and ask them if it's true!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Jehovah's fast-moving chariot must have a flat tire.

• Flash
    Flash

I'm one of those who believe they were right the first time and their newer view of the 'generation' is the incorrect one. A person born in 1914 is 90 years old now. With all that we've seen change in the world since 1914, including the War On Terror to argue dates I think would be a mistake. I think we're about to see some serious things happen soon.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Flash,

You are seriously deluded if you believe in the 1914 crap!

Sirona

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

That is the 1993 Purpose to Life brochure. It reminds me of this library that had books stating someday man would walk on the moon. WHat is funny is that there are probally people that think we have been to mars and others that know we have been to space but dont know if we got to the moon because of the apollo 13 movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit