Spider-Man 2 Conspires to Silence Michael Moore

by Elsewhere 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

All I have to say is: ROTFLMAO... the man is INSANE

http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/001747.html

(2004-06-30) -- Spider-Man 2 is part of "a web of deception, a conspiracy to silence" Oscar-winning documentarist Michael Moore, according to the filmmaker whose Fahrenheit 9/11 is America's current number one box office smash.

"It's not just the cynical timing of the release of Spider-Man 2," said Mr. Moore, "but the movie endorses the unilateral and so-called righteous use of power to overcome so-called evil. This is a thinly-veiled rebuttal of Fahrenheit 9/11 and the entire security plank of the Democrat National Committee platform."

Mr. Moore added that buying a ticket to Spider-Man 2 is "tantamount to voting for George Bush."

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    Mr. Moore added that buying a ticket to Spider-Man 2 is "tantamount to voting for George Bush."

Hmmm maybe I should ask for a refund. LOL The man is going a bit far on this one. LOL

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Is this some joke-news website like The Onion? I have no other news source that has Michael Moore saying anything like that. He certainly doesn't say it on his website, and I've found no link on cnn, ap wire. I found that story reposted elsewhere, but never with any kind of press link or credit, so I guess its just BS.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

LOL and of course this gem from the same site

To Balance Ticket, Kerry Names Self as VP

(2004-07-05) -- In an effort to balance the Democrat presidential ticket, John Forbes Kerry today named himself as his running mate.

In an email note to one million supporters and journalists, Mr. Kerry wrote, "The Kerry/Kerry ticket is all about inclusion, diversity and opening the flaps of the big tent we call the Democrat party."

The presidential hopeful said his VP pick "not only sees eye-to-eye with me on most issues, but also opposes me on most issues. No matter how a voter stands on any issue, he'll find what he's looking for in the Kerry/Kerry campaign."

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*cough*

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What? Was I duped by a gag news source?

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Yeah, it is like the onion or the guy who writes this likes to make up quotes and see how people react. Kinda funny actually. A lot of people take it seriously.

Or these:

Edwards Pick Forces Cheney Choice: Avacor or Rogaine

(2004-07-06) -- Now that Vice President Dick Cheney will likely face Sen. John Edwards in debate this fall, Republican insiders say he also faces an historic decision: Avacor or Rogaine?

"I'd like to say that the vice presidential contest pits a seasoned veteran against a flash-in-the-pan rookie," said the unnamed GOP source, "But the reality is, people evaluate character by results. If you can produce a thick, luxurious cranial covering, that's considered a mark of good character."

In addition to over-the-counter and prescription medications, Mr. Cheney has also considered hair implants.

"The time's too short to do the implants," the source said. "Cheney can't go on TV while his head looks like a cornfield in mid-June."

or this one LOL!

Kerry Backs Pre-Conception Abortion

(2004-07-05) -- Just a day after revealing that he believes life begins at conception and that he opposes abortion yet supports abortion rights, Democrat presidential hopeful John Forbes Kerry today announced his plan to implement "pre-conception abortions".

"Unlike the brutality of uterine abortions which savagely destroy human lives," Mr. Kerry said, "Pre-conception abortions can be executed painlessly with sedatives on irresponsible couples. It would end their lives, preventing behavior that may lead to abortions."

Mr. Kerry, who is also a U.S. Senator, said the problem of unwanted pregnancy actually begins some time before conception in a process not fully understood by science.

"My plan would deal with the issue upstream and would truly make abortion rare," he said. "But it's only a temporary solution. Ultimately, science will show us how to identify embryos and fetuses which are predisposed to becoming adults who produce unwanted pregnancies so we can abort them before they have a chance to do that. I support a woman's right to abort a fetus which is destined to create an unwanted pregnancy."

In case you had any doubts, from the site itself -

ScrappleFace, the daily news satire site, features new stories virtually every day
    Good one Elsewere, I was totally like WTF?! A good reminder to not believe everything that you read people.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn! Waisted a perfectly good Post on that.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Happens to the best of us...just like all those people who bought tickets to Farenheit 911- duped into thinking it was a documentary...not realizing Moore was telling the "truth" but not the TRUTH! I point to the HAVES AND HAVE MORES Comment as one example among many.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

And Shrek 2. AND Harry Potter 3. The poor bastard's the victim of a never ending conspiracy.

And yes, I read that piece as a spoof some time ago...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit