I can't believe I did it!!!

by HadEnuf 20 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Well my fellow compatriots, since I haven't posted any topics lately of an interesting or fascinating nature (and probably never have in the past either); I just thought you might all like to know that yesterday I took the plunge and put a closure on my 4 decades of being one of them there JW's. You guessed it...I went and got myself a TATTOO!! Just a little frog on my right ankle. Something I've always wanted to do but couldn't because I was a good little follower of rule, after rule, after rule of the Watchtower. Of course my beloved hubby almost spilled his beer and peanuts when I showed it to him last night and my son (who thought it was one of those temporary tattoos) thinks I need more medication and a good shrink. But he thought it was pretty cool for me to do that at the age of 50. (Now I'll fit in better when his band plays at those seedy and questionable bars that they like to frequent). Arghhhhhhhhhh...I feel good.

Just needed to share this important moment in history.

Keep on keeping on.

Cathy L.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It feels great to do what you want, doesn't it?

A year and a half ago, I got a tattoo of Blue Oyster Cult's logo on my arm. It would be frowned upon because it's a CROSS with a hook at the bottom.

• Valis
    Valis

Hadenuf...good for you woman! You know of course you can't get just one..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• betty boop
    betty boop

i want the words "love peace and fortune" in chinese letters on my back..my mom would kill me

i think it'd hurt alot too!

• 1VTHokie
    1VTHokie

Congrats on the tatoo!

Freedom feels good, huh?

Here's to breaking the WT's rules

May you happily break many, many more!

Hugs,

Rita

• blondie
    blondie

I knew you had it in you or is it on you!!!

But I can't get past the needles.

I wish I could have seen your hubbie's face.

Blondie

• codeblue
    codeblue

I think that is sooooooooo awesome!!!

When I was 41 I got a divorce...still a faithful JW.....I wanted a tattoo or a navel piercing!!! Well, do to pain issues, I picked the navel piercing!!!! I love it....there are a lot of kewl navel jewelry!!!

Then a couple years later I met a HOT, JW, also divorced...that after he got divorced...did get a tattoo. It is an awesome tat.....looks like a piece of art!!! (we have both been fading for a year now).

So, I have been kicking around a kewl tat that would be on the lower, mid section of my back...perfect place to be seen when I wear my cute little bikini...

So my question to you: How painful was it?????? Let me know...please!!!

Codeblue

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Good for you Cathy, I'm still pondering whether I'll get one.

cj

• doogie
    doogie

that's fantastic. and the D.O. is right...the one thing that looks great with any tattoo is another tattoo.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

BettyBoop & codeblue...well...I can't say it didn't hurt. But it was tolerable and since the tattoo was relatively small...it wasn't too bad. I've felt worse pain let me tell you!

Nosferatu...yup...it feels great to make my own decisions!

Rita...yup...freedom feels REAL good!

Valis & Doogie...hmmm...my frog does look kind of lonely. Are you telling me that getting tattoos is addictive???

CJ...my advice to you on the tattoo is: DO IT...DO IT NOW!!

Blondie...yea...should of had a camera when my hubby saw the tattoo. But he already knows I'm a crazy lunatic! I don't think anything surprises him anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit