WT Paradox: ``In Your Face" Religion, Reclusive GB

by Room 215 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

It struck me that, for all the emphasis they put on evangelism and public preaching, the Borg's leaders are actually a reclusive, shadowy lot. The only large audiences they will address are their own members, they rarely grant interviews and never seek opportunities to lead by preaching their message in a public or media forum. Quite the contrary; in the one instance where Jaracz made an appearanace (cornered by a BBC reporter), he came across as combative, and mean-spirited hardly as a spiritual leader of six million-plus.

When it comes to ``taking the lead" they're failing miseraby.

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

Isn't their reasoning that they are god inspired and just messengers, hence they do not look for the public eye and gain glory for themselves like televangelists etc. do..
    I'm sure they're also trying to avoid 'fanatic' apostates who would try and attack them with their warped interpretations of the societies beliefs, and what about all the emotionally abuse victims, and other people who might try take out their frustrations violently

• rocketman
    rocketman

Jesus and his followers were very public and accessible.

• doogie
    doogie

maybe they're shy

• Room 215
    Room 215

Whatever... is just seems to me that for a religious movement, it's peculiarly devoid of spirituality, least of all at its top.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When you think about it, it's not surprising. They have *always* left the bulk and burden of doing the "preaching work" to the slaves, and cracked the whip (in print and in talks) while doing it! DO MORE---DO MORE!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

They remind me of the Wizard of Oz, the bumbling little man behind the curtain who kept everyone spellbound in fear, because by remaining invisible,his subjects were forced to form in their imaginations an image of their leader, and it was an indomitable one.Once Dorothy et al got a peek behind the curtain, the game was up.

• New Castles
    New Castles

I never thought of that, and you are absolutely right....they are never seen.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    They remind me of the Wizard of Oz, the bumbling little man behind the curtain who kept everyone spellbound in fear, because by remaining invisible,his subjects were forced to form in their imaginations an image of their leader, and it was an indomitable one.Once Dorothy et al got a peek behind the curtain, the game was up.

Had to repeat this one. Clever illustration Ciatrix! (One thing we learned as JWs is to think a lot in illustrations) I am feeling a bit like Dorthy these days trying to get back home after living in too long in the imaginary land of Oz...

• Atilla
    Atilla

Maybe they are like Darth Vader, unapproachable and strong looking but in reality frail and weak on the inside. Of course maybe you don't see them anymore because they are all dead!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit