WTS positives- A therapy project

by zugzwang 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

A positive for me was learning honesty, respecting other peoples' stuff. To illustrate, 8 yrs after leaving the wt, in one house in which i worked, as i cut open the ceiling, a bundle of money fell out. Counting it, it came to $12750.00 us. I put it back, and finished my job.

S

• Ranch
    Ranch

I have tried this exersize myself but most things I list end up being things that most normal law abiding citizens do anyway.

Watchtower teaches that most people in the world are imoral, into drugs ect, this is not true.Some are but the majority aren't. I don't buy into their propaganda about the world. It mostly boils down to your parents, environment, your associates, and your inborn character that determins how you turn out. So really it's hard for to come up with something that I would not have been taught by my parents,school or my church anyway.

The Watchtower always pats themselves on the back and take credit for things that any normal person does, they harp on how honest and law abiding they are. Most people pay their taxes, they know there are concequences if they don't.

I am sorry if I sound negative here because I know were all trying to heal here,but I just did not need them to be a good person.

Public speaking is about the only positive that I learned from them that I probably wouldn't have ended up with anyway plus thats where I found my mate, that's about it for me.

I am so angry that I was robbed of a normal life!

I guess it will take time for me to make peace with my past.

• Mary
    Mary

I can do public speaking

I get excellent marks on any Religious Studies courses I take

I get all the bible questions on Jepordy right.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Thanks for your replies. I hadn't thought of the public speaking which several of you had mentioned.

zugz

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Thanks to the JW, I am aware of lots of contradictions and insanities in the bible.

Thanks to this forum I now know a lot more of ancient figures and doctrines (for example, I never heard before that there was another first woman named Lilith and Eve came actually after her)

So a lot of my knowledge is thanks to the Watchtower.

• garybuss
    garybuss

As a Witness kid I learned an appreciation for old people . . . . hell, I had to act like one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit