"The BIBLE said that all these things would....that was alive in 1914."

by hubert 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hubert
    hubert

I haven't read all the posts in this forum yet. There are so many, I probably never will, but I'm trying. So, I apologize if this was covered before.

I found a statement written by "God's channel of communication" in the "You can live forever in paradise on earth" book, c.1982, page 154, par. 2... that actually says.....

quote " Also, the BIBLE said that all these things would happen upon the generation that was alive in 1914." end quote.

If so, where is this written in the Bible, and how can they get away with saying that "the Bible said it" if it really didn't?

Since the W.T. is "spirit directed", and "God's channel", are they saying that everything written by the W.T. is the absolute truth and only from God?

If so, then where does it say this in the Bible?

Comments? ....Thanks.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Welcome to the First Plateau, young grasshopper. You have begun the thoughts analyzing the Essential Paradox of The Dubb... How can the sole channel of God ever be wrong? If it can, how can it be trusted to be right in any current circumstance?

All together, guys, ommmmmmmmmm...

Welcome to the board.

CZAR

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

you missed the "theocratic bus"! they changed this conveniently in 1994-1995, just about the time is was REALLY starting to look rediculous. (as if their whole docrine didn't look rediculous anyway)

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here is that quote from the Live Forever book and its surrounding context:

7 Yet some persons may say: 'Such things as wars, famines, pestilences and earthquakes have occurred often throughout history. So it would not be hard to foretell that they would occur again.' But think: The Bible not only foretold these things, but indicated that they would occur on a worldwide scale. Also, the Bible said that all these things would happen upon the generation that was alive in 1914. Yet what were prominent world leaders foretelling just before 1914? They were saying that conditions promising world peace were never more favorable. Yet the terrible troubles the Bible foretold began right on time, in 1914! In fact, world leaders now say that 1914 was a turning point in history.

8 After drawing attention to the many things that have marked the period from 1914 onward, Jesus said: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things [including the end of this system] occur." (Matthew 24:34, 14) Which generation did Jesus mean? He meant the generation of people who were living in 1914. Those persons yet remaining of that generation are now very old. However, some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. So of this we can be certain: Shortly now there will be a sudden end to all wickedness and wicked people at Armageddon.

-------

What an embarrassment those words are to the false prophet known as the Watchtower Printing Corporation.

Farkel

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

alt WELCOME hubert! Revelation 22:18 about adding anything to the sacred textSkull & Crossbones naughty, naughty

My apostate 'manifesto'.

Once again;the central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower 'organism' IS that Christ Jesus returned to power in 1914 !!

The entire doctrinal superstructure of the WBTS rest squarely on that date.Therefore their gospel is gobbledygook,and of doctrines of demons from the get-go

.{note:people usually imitate the god that they worship,this would account for all the dog eat dog turmoil among Jehovah's Witnesses]

On the basis then of Gal.1:8 all Jehovah's Witnesses die accursed and unsaved.

Those who have already died are all still dead

I Love You Mug 2Undaunted Danny
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Danny,

I'm not going so far as to damn all the JW's but the 1914 thing is a BIG joke.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome! They say it is the absolute truth and only from God and God himself is editing the Watchtower magazine and Jesus is directing the corporations . . . . but . . . there might be error, and if there is error . . . new light from God will be revealed in God's due time and if we don't believe it or if we don't like it, we will be investigated, put on trial, and sentenced.

Simple huh?

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks, Czar, I like the "young" grasshopper remark. I'm in my sixties. LOL !!

That's right, Garybus, and God doesn't change his mind, although it seems for the Watchtower, He does.

I have the whole text, Farkel, but just didn't write it in. What gets me is, they say "The Bible says it".

Random Task, I know about he "Creators promise" change, too. I showed all this to my daughter and son-in-law, but to no avail. Even the written proof is not enogh to get them to start thinking. (again).

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

The Live Forever book was the main teaching aid for studying the Bible. O.K., I know reading the questions in the book isn't really studying the Bible, but, this text book states "The Bible says," when actually the Bible says no such thing. Now JWs and the WTS would agree that the Bible doesn't teach that. I wonder what JWs would say as to whether the Live Forever book is really an acurate study of the Bible? Then question if any of their current books are accurate!

Don't forget the WTS, at least in the Awake, stated that "the Creator promised" things about 1914 only to have to retract the promise since the Creator never, ever, ever, promised such a thing.

3rd

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I was thinking about this just the other day. I wanted to do some more research on this topic. Because at one point they say....

1. We are imperfect men with no special communication with God, only sincere bible students.

2. That the organization is the only true religion that God uses to fulfill its purpose.

These two statements cancel each other out. How can you say you do not have any special communication with God, that is above all other men, then say that all salvation lies within the boudaries of the WTS. If God did not tell them this personally, then they muct have told themselves this.

I wish I could find all the publications that comment on both these thoughts. I was provided with some links, but if any of you should know of more, I am thirsty on this one.

Most of my 20+ years with the WTS has been hearing things/teachings, nodding my head yes and saying (with my best Scooby Doo impression) O-ray.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit