"The BIBLE said that all these things would....that was alive in 1914."

by hubert 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's quite simple really. It goes like this:

The WTS is "Jehovah's organisation" and is God's mouthpiece.

God tellls the Writing Department what he forgot to write in the Bible and they very kindly print publications so that everyone will know.

Simple really.

• uriah
    uriah

This piccy was on a recent post from where I nicked it - sorry I don't have the postee's details but all kudos to them for it - I think it says it all. From the 1st Oct(?) 1987 mag

Found the link - here you go www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/74078/1.ashx: .

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    If so, where is this written in the Bible, and how can they get away with saying that "the Bible said it" if it really didn't?

Great post! You ask good questions. Unfortunately there are no answers that will make any sense. They have been getting away with it for a very long time and will probably continue to. For me, it's a matter of acceptance. My mom - and many millions of others - buy into every insane ranting word spoken by the WTS. Nevermind the evidence against them. Nevermind the lost family members. Talk about the discrepancies and you're a vile apostate.

• hubert
    hubert

Crooked L V, There is a lot of good material in the "Live Forever " book. I was never a J.W., and had a hard time finding books on the W.T. until I started looking in used book stores. There are a lot of older publications in some of these stores, for cheap, too. A few bucks. It's worth it, if the right material is in them. For example....On page 190 of the YCLF book, c.1982, It says "The Bible says that actually there is only one faith. Who, then, are the ones who form the body of true worshipers today?"

"WE do not hesitate to say that they are Jehovah's Witnesses."

So, it's not God, it's the W.T. who claims to be the one true religion.

Similar quotes are in The truth that leads to Eternal Life" book, c.1968, page 130.

Other good info books are... True peace and security, c. 1986....Let God be true, c. 1946, and the "Knowledge " book, c. 1995, which you may have already. Good hunting.

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks for the great welcome, Danny.

Bubbamar, You give me lots of confidence. I was never a good public speaker, or writer. Thanks much. Glad you are enjoying my posts. As for Bible stuff, you guys got it all over me.

• Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit