Demons and Inanimate Objects

by VM44 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

There is one commonality between both the idea of demons in the psychological sense and an entity that is distinct and separate from your mind which one might consider as real: there is a degree of unconsciousness however you look at it. You are not aware or fully aware of the phenomena either way, after all you are not sure what to make of it. The funny thing is there is a tendancy to hang on to "what might bes" rather than just the not knowing.

The matter of mind control, in the sense of any particular view being fused and indistinguishable from the conscious mind that exists independent of these views, comes into question here. That fused state is considered as "knowing," which can just as easily be a self fulfilling prophecy. To see a thing as it is, one would need to distinguish and put aside any such interpretive filters and take in the experience with the clarity of simple awareness. If you really want to, you can do this and see for yourself when it comes to any experience. But the catch is its not the self that would want to identify with a certain way of thinking, that identity comes under threat with this perspective. Of course once you realize its just being stuck in a certain view it is not that big of a deal, but while you are identified and think you ARE that way of thinking, it can be very threatening - more threatening than anything that would fit into that way of thinking.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Guess they ran around screaming and shouting cause they did not like the colour!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Christians of faith controlled spirits

Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice that your names are written in heaven

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally, if jws are confronted by a spirit unknown to them, they look at fleeing - try talking truth to them at the door - something inside them might recognise it, but unless the 'householder' is weak they are perturbed or afraid and leave, r etreating through fear and returning back to jwism, preferring the dark to light.

See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power and love and self-control

" I too say to one go and he goes "

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Yeah, I remember this one well. You always heard the stories of the 'demons' who attacked the family who bought the chess set that had a cross on top of the king, that kind of bullshit. I know weird things happen, 'cuz I've witnessed them personally, but to think that something as powerful as a demon can only be brought into your home on an inanimate object is stupid. What, it can levitate a bed 90 degrees but has to hitch a ride on a dress? C'mon! I remember one time I had checked out a book on magic from the library one time (you know, how to do card tricks and stuff like that) and that night my mom had a bad dream and made me take the book back the next day, claiming it was the 'demons on the book' that made her have a nightmare.

The paradox is that the counseled you not to buy stuff from garage sales because it might be 'possessed', but at the same time discouraged having an education or a 'real' job so you could only AFFORD stuff from garage sales.....lol. Does anyone else think it interesting that in the '66 WT quoted by Sally that they actually used the word 'haunted' and indicated that some demons like to 'haunt' certain houses? That just sounded weird to me.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I wanted to say one thing. I myself do not intend ot offend anyone who believes in the demons, or has seen them or has a family/friend who has. Honestly, i respect others opinions. I myself/husband have seen some things that cannot be explained. I have a lot less problem with that now, as most of it was sleep paralysis. But there have been a few things that happened that i cannot attribute to that.I was terribly picked on when i first started posting on this board b/c my fist thread was about demons. So i have been there and done that.

I felt so badly for the poste who said, his mom had been raped by the demons. whatever happened, i just felt so badly for her.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

It's nice to be considerate, but if nothing is directed at anyone personally is that offending someone, or just that someone taking offense? How someone else feels about something is just how they feel, how you feel about their attitude is your own feeling. This is in fact related to whether some phenomena is attributed to an external entity or your own mind, again making this kind of clear distinction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit