by VM44 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

wednes--

thanks for your response

Sin

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The JWs are hardly alone in this superstition. Nearly all fundementalists share a paranoia about demons in inanimate objects. The idea is as old as the idea of spirits. Even in the Bible the Patriachs believed stones could harbor Yahweh. People you can stop fearing boogie men.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

In animistic religions such as Voodun, all natural objects are infused with the energy of a "spirit" and efforts are made to appease or entice the spirits of various objects: trees, rocks, animals into doing the bidding of the human by the use of incantations and offerings. The idea that the JWs are the only ones that believe that objects can have the spirit of a demon, or whatever they may be, in them is not unique.

Country Girl

• Ciara
    Ciara
    Using the handbag in the ministry, she experienced powerful thoughts of "Go home!" Bad thoughts rushed into her mind almost audibly, all of them anti-kingdom.

That dosen't mean she had demonic troubles......I always wanted to go home and had "anti-kingdom thoughts. Who come up with that ridiculous phrase anyhow?

Ciara

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes once in "service" i told a householder (who was washing her car) that i wished i was home washing my car. those are powerful demons.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I'm not sure...I think its all manifestations of our own thoughts and fears. My mother (devout Jw) claimed she had this experience. She purchased chairs from a catholic second hand store in preparation for a big family event. Soon after, she noticed a strange smell every time she went down to the basement where the chairs were. She immediately felt something was wrong and discussed it with her children. She thought there was something wrong with these chairs and wanted to get rid of them. I was almost out at that time and told her this was nonsense. But she believed that the chairs were demonized.

Every day the smell got worse, to the point where she was afraid to go downstairs. One day she told me she had taken the chairs out and left them for the garbageman. the smell disappeared and she was fine after. It was several years later that she confided that one night the demons had come into her bed and raped her, and that the next day she had gotten rid of the chairs.

I have issues with my mother and her beliefs, of course. But she really experienced this, and in the telling of it I realized how horrible the experience was for her. I don't know what it was. But she believed and that's the key. I don't think we can discount the experience of others. We all see and experience things in our own range of perception. I don't believe in demons and inanimate objects, but I respect the feelings and emotions of those that do.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Not going into details, my wife when being around 20-22, experienced upon entering the room of a fellow sis how the room was all filled up with smoke, also later how the couch upon which they were sitting would levitate to the roof, how this furniture was thrown out to the pigs going nearby and how they would run screaming around for a handfull of nights before the furniture was thrown away, how a third-floor doorbell would ring when positively nobody could be outside, how sounds as from a party would be heard from the apartment below when the people there were out but how it later turned out that the parents of the ones now living below had been occultists and had had parties with seances in their flat; for my part, the ones bringing me in contact with the WBTS lived in a house previously owned by gypsies and had all sorts of sounds and shadows and scary stuff happening which was also felt by others. Someone I knew threw a ring into the lake because they believed it to be possessed, but when returning home the ring was on the table still dripping wet. The leather jacket of a friend being ripped as if by claws. Four friends in a car driving down a remote valley saw a car coming extremely quickly from behind, then turning on extremely shiny headlights and making a thunderous noice and passing them on top, lifting behind them and passing them above, then suddenly disappearing.

Strange things happen. I wish I could know what they are trying to tell us; anyway, they assure me there is so much we don't know, and that neither the Darwinist-materialist explanation nor the flat WBTS "it's all demons"-explanation are valid.

• shotgun
    shotgun

VM44

If you look through the bible I don't think there are any cases cited as examples of objects being inhabited by demons, lots of people...and whenever Jesus or his apostles cast out a demon they didn't ask first to see if they had recently purchased any used objects at the Bethleham bazaar..they just cast it out. Pigs work best...they squeal and makes lots of noise scaring the crap out of people after the demon gets in them.

Sad thing is if you really analyze the scriptures they seemed to attribute every malady and sickness to demons.....So were they really casting out demons or just trying to explain sickness?

OldHippie

how this furniture was thrown out to the pigs going nearby and how they would run screaming around for a handfull of nights before the furniture was thrown away,
    See what I mean..the pigs get it again...at least these pigs had furniture!
  • Pole
    Pole

I personally like psychogenic explanations of such phenomena: some people have special powers without realizing it. They can move objects around etc. and it's subconscious. But, the more strange things happen around them, the more they believe something evil is going on.

Like OldHippie said Strange things happen.

The problem is that every religion, every culture and many scientists have all their own sometimes mutually exclusive explanations. And they (especially religions) like to use their explanations to influence people. It's funny that 90% of all miracles happen in Latin America.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Well what can I say about that article? Except:

Others have reported experiences similar to that of the woman who had much distress at home after wearing a dress originally belonging to a witch. Learning of the source of trouble, she set out to burn it. "We poured gasoline on it, so it would burn quickly; but what amazed us very much was the fact that the dress did not want to burn."

So THAT's why my clothes don't catch fire! and you know, come to think of it, when I try to throw them out they're back in my cupboard the next day.

Did you notice that the article mentioned someone got a fever from a demonised object? How far are they saying the demons can go? Wouldn't Jehovah protect one of his faithful servants from such an attack? Just buying something innocently isn't grounds for him to leave a person open to physical demon attack.... It actually brings home how much they don't trust Jehovah and how much they think Jehovah lacks love. This is their Great God! Is there no benefit to serving Him?

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit