Demons and Inanimate Objects

by VM44 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower has published articles telling people not to shop at thrift stores, Salvation Army stores, etc, because the items purchased might have demons attached!

Experiences have been published by the WT, and particularly the Awake!,where people are reported to have been bothered after bringing the used items home. To only relief was after the objects were taken out and burned, usually after several attempts when the object would not catch fire!

What I want to know is this: What is the origin of the idea inanimate objects can have demons attached to them?

It is NOT in the Bible! In the Bible it is mentioned that demons invaded, took over, or whatever, living animate beings, either people or animals (plants are not mentioned, but plants are really not that animated!)

So where did the Watchtower receive this great Wisdom? From where did they get the idea? Since it is not in the bible, can the WT be accused of adding to the scriptures?

How did they make this superstitious belief, along with the reported experiences (legends), credible?

Or will the JWs believe anything printed in the magazines?

The Watchtower has always had a fear of demons (particularly Woodworth, the editor of the Golden Age, now Awake, magazine, who also demonstrated a great fear of the metal aluminium).

Orchestrated superstition in order to control the people! And the people buy into it!

--VM44

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I once found a smurf in a jar a got from a thrift shop!

• Farkel
    Farkel

I was told that Ted Jaracz is so superstitious that he sees demons around every corner.

He runs the WTS show these days, you know.

Farkel

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

That's easily fixed Farkel, you just have to confine him to a room with no corners..

• Satanus
    Satanus

Markfromcali

A room w soft padding on the walls?

S

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Yes S, a comfy room where they have nowhere to hide..

• AlanF
    AlanF

I don't know for sure where that bit of lunacy came from, VM44, but I believe the Watchtower inherited it from 19th-century Adventists. I suspect the roots go back much farther, though, probably to pre-New Testament times. This is another proof of how superstitious the JWs really are.

AlanF

• blondie
    blondie

w66 12/15 pp. 742-743 Repelling the Attack of Wicked Spirits

INVESTIGATING HOUSE AND HOUSEHOLD OBJECTS

One under demon attack should calmly, not in hysteria, investigate his house and household articles. In some few cases the house may be the cause of trouble and the best thing to do is move out. Some demons delight in haunting a place. So if you experience trouble shortly after moving into a house, investigate. Was the house unoccupied for a long time? Why? Did people frequently move in and out? Why? Does it have a history of being haunted? Neighbors usually know, though the seller of a house almost always keeps the fact concealed.

But if a house has a clean history, instead of moving out, investigate objects in the house. If you at one time practiced black magic, witchcraft or other form of spiritism, did you burn up all articles relating to demonism upon learning of God?s truth? Get rid of every vestige of demonism. What did the early Christians in Ephesus do? On learning true Christianity they burned up all their magic books, even though their value was an astounding 50,000 pieces of silver! (Acts 19:18, 19) It would have been exceedingly dangerous to keep such works on how to perform the magical arts; in fact, to keep any appendage of demonism is perilous. One must be absolutely free of any relics of spiritism, so as to allow the demons no beachhead.

A vital question to ask if one experiences trouble with the demons is: Have you accepted any gifts from relatives or persons who dabble in spiritism? Any kind of article from such a person can cause trouble. In some actual cases it has been a radio, a sewing machine, a pair of shoes, jewelry, a "good luck" charm, a bathrobe, a blanket, a book. One woman had her bed tipped up at night when she tried to sleep on a mattress given her by her Spiritualist mother. A young woman had a fever of 106 degrees when wearing a garment given her by a Spiritualist.

Another Christian woman kept a handbag given her by an aunt who was a fortune-teller. Using the handbag in the ministry, she experienced powerful thoughts of "Go home!" Bad thoughts rushed into her mind almost audibly, all of them anti-kingdom. She could not understand herself, as these negative thoughts entered her mind as if by telephone, so that she complained of "hearing herself think." Only after getting rid of the handbag did she get relief.

Sometimes keeping a letter from a spiritistic relative has brought trouble. Some persons have reported gaining relief by burning letters from relatives who dabble in spiritism. Even if an article from a spiritist is an expensive one, is keeping it worth the danger? One woman was tormented for years by the demons; finally she got rid of many household effects that came from a spiritistic relative. "The material loss," she wrote, "was worth the peaceful calm that came over our house and family."

That objects from spiritists are implicated is clearly evident because relief almost invariably follows getting rid of them. The principle is similar to that used in sorcery, in which the demonist wishing to cast a spell will transfer an object into the possession of the intended victim.

However, sometimes objects through which demons make contact resist burning, indicating demonic anger at efforts to destroy them. Some persons have found it difficult to burn up ouija boards or books on occultism. Others have reported experiences similar to that of the woman who had much distress at home after wearing a dress originally belonging to a witch. Learning of the source of trouble, she set out to burn it. "We poured gasoline on it, so it would burn quickly; but what amazed us very much was the fact that the dress did not want to burn." Persist in your efforts to get rid of suspicious objects and relief in some measure usually follows.

When investigating objects, be reasonable, however. Do not burn up everything in fearful panic. Pray for Jehovah?s direction in your investigation, and he will deliver you from the wicked one.

w96 4/1 p. 24 "Work, Not for the Food That Perishes" ***

For instance, Jehovah?s Witnesses used to wear a pin with a cross and crown. But then we came to understand that Jesus was executed on an upright stake, not on a cross. (Acts 5:30) So wearing these pins was discontinued. It was my privilege to remove the clasps from the pins. Later the gold was melted down and sold.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

question--

Whos to say that they wouldnt get into your life somehow?

These are intelligent, powerful spirits. If they want to be in your life, wouldnt it take more than a mear object

to do the trick? What I mean is, they could come back whether or not you have that object, correct?

Sin

• wednesday
    wednesday

sin,

that is a good observation. . What would restrict a demon? They are very powerful. so why would they need an object to move in with u. None of it really makes sense if u think about it. However, i do believe the spirit world exists and some of them are bad guys.

i asked a pionner sis why i heard less demon stories in the 80 /90 as opposed to it being the flavor of the month in the 60/70. she said the WTS is trying to "get away from that". so if they stop talkng about it for a long time, they can then convince all of us we wer'e all just nuts, and they never really believed in demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit