disfellowshipped elders reinstated

by jnc 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gozz
    Gozz

cujo,

what's this "wrong attitude"?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

This is one spooky thread. Makes me believe in the resurrection.

• Maverick
    Maverick

To get back to the original question. In my 24 years inside, 16 as an MS or Elder, I have seen all manner of inconsistency. One case the two sons of a very well respected Elder committed numerous acts of immorality and within three years one was an Elder the other an MS. The MS over the next ten years was caught so many times his wife divorced him. He was never DF'd and was off reproof within six months each time. Another case where one Elder disliked another Elder and would not approve his son for Elder. As soon as he went to a different Hall the boy was appointed.

In three Hall I was in a kindly old Elder would take a shine to me. Each of these three men were WWII veterans, I grew up in a military setting. As long as these men lived I was a golden boy, as soon as they passed the yonger Elders would treat me like dirt. I was better educated and better employed than most of them and they did not like it.

The WTS has policies on how to promote within. But the locals have a lot of leeway with the CO to circumvent those guidelines. Very little surprises me within the WTS. Just look at the UN or child abuse problems. Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit