How Many XJWs Who's Christianity Is Now Progressive In Nature?

by Eden 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I was born and raised a JW and my father is still an elder to this day, I have always considered JW's liberals and from what I remember from the 80's most JW's disliked Ronald Reagan. Most of your flag burning liberals belong to so called "progressive" churches. Just my opinion

Dave

• Eden
    Eden

I think you are mixed up on what these theological terms means. A fundamentalist is a person who's religious belief system does NOT allow women to serve as elders/pastors, and believe that their brand of Christianity is THEE orthodox and correct version. Liberal and Progressive are much the same when it comes to women's rights and helping the enviroment..the only difference is Progressive belief Jesus is Savior while Liberals do not. In reflection of all this..i hardly see where JW's would qualify as neither progressive nor liberal..since they have never been found gulity of allowing women to serve as elders in their church. As far as Ronnie Regan..he was a Republican....as is Bush now..and JW's don;t like ANY Presidents nor do they like Repubs or Demos.

Fundamental Churches:

1. Southern Baptists

2. Assembly of God

3. Jehovah's Witnesses

4. Seventh-Day Adventists

Progressive Churches:

1. Disciples of Christ

2. United Methodists

3. Presbyterian

4. United church of Christ

Liberal Churches:

1. Liberal Quakers