I am disfellowshipping myself from this board for five months....

by ThiChi 49 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Goodbye for now....

At the outset, I would like thank Simon for this site. It is truly a great place for xJWs to hang out and discuss topics that interest us.

I enjoy the political, religious, and general News debates. I am however, saddened by the official stance Simon has taken with the Kerry banner. Simon has every right to take the Board anywhere he wants, however, this is not conducive to a fair and objective treatment of some who may take a different viewpoint from his. Recent examples do abound.

So, the best to all, I am disfellowshipping myself from this board for five months, hoping the situation will change.....see you in November!

Many have my e-mail address, please do feel free to drop a line now and then....

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Isn't this more like public reproof/marking yourself or something? Ahhh I don't know anymore..

• wednesday
    wednesday

u have a PM

• AlanF
    AlanF

I, for one, will terribly miss your insightful posts. Especially the ones on creation/evolution.

AlanF

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

It seems as though he's removed it. Does that mean you'll stay?

• Simon
    Simon

You can't disfellowship yourself. It's disassociation.

Bye. Take care.

• Satanus
    Satanus

No time, what w all the election work to be done? If kerry gets in, will you be back? It could be your turn to copy/paste criticism.

SS

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Is the five months taken to be literal months, or symbolic, figurative Biblical months???

Take care, whatever you decide.

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

I see what you mean. Doesn't the WTS encourage a left thinking agenda?

1. We will take care of you
    2. Give us your riches
    3. Don't concern yourself with material wealth
    4. Everyone should have the same, in the new system we will..
    5. We will tell you what to think
    6. Throw money at problems and they will go away..more contibutions
    7. Hate what is not you...worldlys or conservatives

I can see why many liberals were attracted to the "Spoof". I am just making an observation..

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Heynow,

Go to any fundy church in America. Take your pick. Pentecostals, Mormons, fundy Baptists. Churches that may differ slightly doctrinally from JW's but have the same fundamentalist soul. Let me know if you can find a single fundy Christian that *doesn't* support Bush .

If the Watchtower disbanded tomorrow, George dubya would have 1 million new supporters in the U.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit