WILL DISFELLOWSHIPED ONES BE RESURRECTED?

by altom 20 Replies latest jw friends

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

I am surprised to think that anyone in this room would even bother to ask such a question. The WTS is so judgemental. Of course they think that they are the only true religion and everyone that turns away from them has done something wrong in Gods eyes. Of cousre since their Theology is wrong this cannot be true, so who cares what they think.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The reason the WTS tries to be vague on this question is because of CONTROL, nothing else.

If they said that the df'd who died before Armageddon would get a resurrection, how many more people would give serious consideration to hanging up their Dub hats and taking their chances beyond the great beyond? As more and more years roll by from 1914 with no Armageddon, and the abandonment of the "generation" doctrine, greater numbers of modern JWs must begin to realize that they will see death before they see Armageddon.

It would be so easy to give a compassionate and hopeful answer, "YES! Absolutely! Disfellowshipped people who died before Armageddon will be resurrected! ..and they will wear aloha shirts and derby hats all the time, and eat chocolate cake 'til they puke!!"

It's not like anyone is ever going to call them on it -- since there isn't ever going to be an Armageddon OR a resurrection of any sort -- so why not be generous, err on the side of compassion?

...and IF (like in a Marvel Comics alternate universe sort of way) there WAS an Armageddon, and the dead df'd were NOT resurrected, what are they going to do? Sue?

What becomes clear upon examination is that this is just another mind control hook that the WTS likes to embed in the brains of their followers -- "don't leave us, or WE will deny you a resurrection."

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

aguest - I've said it before and I'll say it again: You're nuts but I love you. I mean, you write so beautifully and with such love for everyone so evident. But I'm sad that I can't have your level of faith, especially in the Bible. Ah well, I wish you peace.

CZAR

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The reason the WTS tries to be vague on this question is because of CONTROL, nothing else.[Nathan Natas] Well said mate, when I was booted out in 1992; William T.Darche (Bridgewater Massachusetts) Chair of the 'appeal' committee said:"if Armageddon comes with you in a DFed state you can still survive into the new system". This was to disarm a potential lawsuits.EVERYTHING the WT$ and their lackeys sez.is pure manipulation,control, and profit.

Theologically,Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult of Christianity.The oppressive organization does not represent historical, Biblical Christianity in any way. Sociologically, it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths. Bearing witness to the Watchtower holocaust Watchtower Whistle Blower www.DannyHaszard.com

• AGuest
    AGuest

I receive your wish for peace... and am grateful for it. May you, too, have peace!

Please know, dear one, that *my* level of faith is, at its core, no different than yours; the difference is in its substance: my faith is not in the Bible at all, but in the One about whom much of it [the Bible] is written. Please know, however, that all that is needed is faith... the size of a mustard seed... which amount I have no doubt you possess: the "fruit" of your love and wish for peace for ME... bears witness to it.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon you... you and your entire household... to time indefinite... if you so wish it.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

"... it is NOT the ?Christ? that anglo/western/psuedo-christian propaganda has contrived that one must seek? but that One as he truly is: the Way, the Truth? and the Life."

The above, consisting of 144,000 fleshly Israelites, from among the 12 tribes, excluding Dan... AND a number from among the nations, which NO man is able to number... TOGETHER, make up ?one? flock?"

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

to make it where no man is able to number it'll need more than just a few million so ya mostly everybody will be ressurected. They just don't expound on that subject all too much. Oh well. Love and peace for everybody.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

They will not only be resurrected, but they'll receive a special medal of honor for the crap that the WTS made them go through!

• blondie
    blondie

Old Light?

w65 9/1 pp. 543-544 Questions from Readers

?

In view of what is stated at Hebrews 10:26, 27, will dedicated and baptized Christians with hopes of earthly life have a resurrection if they fall away from true worship and die before Armageddon??P.G., U.S.A.

That scripture reads: "If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and there is a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition." An examination of the context shows that the apostle Paul was writing this to Christians who were in the new covenant, had been "sanctified" and so were in line to rule with Christ in heaven. (Heb. 10:15-18, 29; Rom. 8:16, 17; Rev. 5:10) Earlier in the same letter he wrote: "It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame."?Heb. 6:4-6.

While, in Hebrews chapters six and ten, Paul the apostle was discussing anointed Christians with heavenly hopes who "sin willfully" and refuse to repent, it is reasonable to conclude that the same principle would apply to those of the "great crowd" of "other sheep" with earthly hopes. (Rev. 7:9; John 10:16) If any dedicated Christian who had God?s spirit and the blessing of serving Jehovah turned his back on God, ?sinned willfully,? and died still refusing to repent, there is nothing in the Scriptures to indicate that that person would receive a resurrection.

Their situation is not like that of persons before Christ?s time who for a time served God and then fell away. Since we are all sinners condemned to death, the basis for any hope of a resurrection is the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ. (Rom. 3:23, 24) Once a person has availed himself of that provision and then later rejects it, on what basis can he gain a right standing with God? What other sacrifice is there that can work in his behalf? If he commits some sin, he can seek forgiveness through Christ; but if he rejects Christ, there is no other provision that God has made. The apostle Paul wrote about such ones: "There is no longer any sacrifice for sins left." That would appear to be true whether the individual formerly had the hope of life in heaven or hope of eternal life on earth.

Christians, then, ?have need of endurance, in order that, after they have done the will of God, they may receive the fulfillment of the promise.? So let us earnestly endeavor to be faithful in our service to God?"not the sort that shrink back to destruction, but the sort that have faith to the preserving alive of the soul."?Heb. 10:36, 39.

• Tomn
    Tomn

Only Jahovah can read the hearts of man! We know that not all disfellowshiped persons are wicked, circumstances vary between the Elders and the person who is disfellowshiped. We know that some of the disfellowshiped ones have had a truth Funural at the Funeral Home, and the hope the the Bible was mentioned. John 5:28-29.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit