What I miss about the District Convention..

by HeyNow! 17 Replies latest jw friends

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

..the hoties in sundress'

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh yeah! All those sweete little things walking around showing off thier stuff trying to land a "spiritually mature" brother.

When I went to the DA the other weekend I noticed that they seemed to pay an awful lot of attention to the sinful bearded likes of me... makeing all kinds of eyes and smiles.

Should'a brought one home with me!

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I miss the attendants walking around with the signs, ' Please be seated" my first thought was, oh yeah and you get to walk around,

the second thought was where do you want me to sit. he he

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

ohmygawd the hotties.

i remember one summer..this beautiful, tanned maybe 19 year old. walking around in a shortskirt, a white shirt that was damn near seethru, and a cowboy hat....legs to god knows where...

whoa.

Damn, this is making me want to go to a convention....

• micheal
    micheal

A nap in the middle of the afternoon ( at least on Fridays) - can't do that at work.

And yes the sweet innocent honey's in their tight skirts

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The funny part IS......that just before the conventions, we always had the obligitory parts at the service meeting on what NOT to wear. They always mentioned the low-cut blouses and the slit skirts or too short skirts, or the loud colored suits for the teen brothers, etc. Every YEAR--there would come the super high slitted skirts, the very short skirts, and the low-cut dresses/blouses! Some of the teen's dresses looked like something out of a sleazy nightclub, all satin and glitter......and of course---the young brothers were clinging right by them, LOL!

I used to get a kick out of how blatant and bold the gals were---to even show up in outfits like that, KNOWING it was frowned on! I often wondered if they got "spoken to" after they went home! Not to leave the brothers out---they did their share of showing up in those flashy suits too!

• roybatty
    roybatty

I miss how the DC really, I mean REALLY made me look forward to going to work the following Monday!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I remember thinking that the parents should have listened better to the meeting part. I could not believe how some of them let their teens dress. Sometimes you'd see a mother and daughter dressed way too risque' for the meeting.

One brother used to say, "The way your children dress is a sign of YOUR spirituality." It seemed that parents could dress properly and let the teen-ager wear a miniskirt or backless dress.

Actually, I liked what most people wore, I just didn't think it was appropriate for a meeting. And it was sad to see that the older teens were looking for husbands so soon.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I hated the seats that had the RESERVED signs on them. Ever notice they always took the choisest of seats while elderly and infirm had the go on the floor level because theses baffoons would hoard these seats for their whole family and extended family and the their neighbours too

Or how about the mirrors covered with news paper in the bathrooms. good one. I always had a good feeling when I would see a sister tear part of the paper away.

Food lines from years ago, yuck yuck yuck. How many bags of fruit went in you go home cooler.??? Remember the three full course meals a day at the assemblies.?? Yahoo.

Oh what really peeved me to was seeing witnesses get out of their seats and leave the assembly before the final prayer and song. ( This is when I was more mature in the truth) Barf barf barf. Oh I think I was a little self righteous in those years.

Well that is my two cents worth.

Love Orangefatcat...

• boa
    boa

raises hand and says 'aye' to the vote for the hotties....

this was always a major attraction to the convention.....I remember one gurl looked almost identical to the singer, Gwen Stefani , from the band No Doubt and she was hangin out in the hall with a cute lil' kid right near where I was sitting guarding the 'money room' during the drama.....mmmmmmm made that boring job go alot faster!

don't forget the great time to be had with binoculars during the sessions! muhahahaha....see above

boa....really a simple kind of guy heh heh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit