What I miss about the District Convention..

by HeyNow! 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Ciara
    Ciara

Dont think us girls weren't passin' the time by lusting after all you guys, too. I used to spend all my cash buying new clothes right before the conventions. Of course, they were all as risque as I could manage. It usually paid off, too.

Ciara

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

SimpleSally,

If I could do it over, I would not be out looking for a wife. I would just like to play " Ribeye"..I wanna be well done .....

Now that all the "lusting" has been exposed at the conventions, maybe we should have a "Lifestyle's" Aposafest!! lol..Oh My!!

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I miss the Vet - checking out the guys.

• Mary
    Mary

Or how about the mirrors covered with news paper in the bathrooms

Whaaaat? I must've missed this one.........why were the mirrors covered with newspapers??

I miss checkin' out the cute guys, plus I miss staying at a near by hotel, walking over to the convention center at 6:00am, saving our seats, going back to the hotel and goin' back ta bed........YES I am one of those that used to do this!! Take me out back and stone me!!!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

mary your so cute. Sad but true at many a convention in our province of Ontario were subjected to putting newspaper over the mirrors.

Thats so the sisters couldn't fix their mascare or lipstick and their hair. I remember at the convention the brother in his talk that sisters didn't need to look in the mirrors and waste time missing the spiritual meal that was prepared for all of us. Isn't that the puckiest thing you've ever heard??

They always took issue with wanders in the corridors, but that is nothing new. I often laughed when they made this announcement because wouldn't it be nice to have wings and flutter all over the place. God these bro. were so uncaring. Are you suppose to hold your bodily functions all day.?

Wierd weird weird. What do you expect from a moron who thought he was chief and commander of the organization.

Orangefatcat

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Yeah I remember the paper of mirrors too. Unfortunately my family was the "in-crowd" JW's meaning that when everyone else was still in their cozy lil hotel beds, we were up getting ready to go make the physical food for everyone. I admit it was fun at the time, very seldom though. I remember this one time I swear it had to be maybe 1/4 of a slice of roast beef and it had dropped on the table to be discarded and this sister grabbed it up talking about "this is enough to make a whole sandwich" and I'm looking at her like what da hell, a sandwich for a mouse or something yeah but not my sandwich. I mean it was a minute piece of meat and she was tripping.

I liked meeting the very spiritual minded brothers too that always wanted my phone number so that he could call and we could discuss scriptures...Hardy har har har!

I remember when they were still serving food and you had to buy them lil stupid coupons like you at a fair or something. 2 tickets for a bag of fruit and stuff. The brothers always would say please stay in your seats until the brother doing the last song before break would dismiss you, and it never failed that while we would be still singing that last song a line would already be formed at the food counters.

I just had a thought, sorry guys. Isn't it odd that food was served up until the donation basis stuff started and a little while afterwards until I guess they saw they weren't getting the big bucks anymore and then they stopped serving food altogether. Money hungry scoundrels.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I miss the rotten food bags and warm Shasta cola.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

The humid steamy restrooms. Floors mopped up using buckets filled with dirty water, huge rolls of toilet paper that had previously fallen on the wet floor and picked back up for use. The smell of stinky bodies coupled with warm urine and other "stuff"... Ahhh, who could ask for anything more?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit