Female Molesters

by L_A_Big_Dawg 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fleur
    Fleur

they shouldn't be treated any differently under the law, male or female, that's my position.

if a person is over 18 and has sex with a minor, regardless of their 'consent' (if 18 is the age of consent in that state, isn't it 17 in some?) it's illegal whatever you or they may call it.

everyone should just keep their freaking pants on and hands to themselves when it comes to people under 18? is that so hard to do? geezuz!

for some people, like that mary kay lunatic, i guess so :(

my husband, whom i had met on the 'net and known online for a couple years before meeting in person; i knew he was in college, etc, but he looked so young at 20 that before i laid a hand on him, i checked his id. no, i am not lying. i had just turned 26 at the time. he had a very youthful face, and i was taking no chances. even though i had been corresponding with his parents and knew his age and his whole family knew how old i was. i still wanted to see his id.

totally different situation, but i was taking no chances.

i was a girl who looked a LOT older than her age when i was younger. but no matter how old i looked, that wouldn't have given anyone the right to take advantage of me.

and i used to wonder why all the nice boys i met at assemblies when i was a teen disappeared so rapidly. then my sister told me 'they just found out that you were 14 in a 19 year old body.' now i look back at pictures of myself and think, god will my daughter look like that at 14? get me a potatosack to dress her in, pronto.

fleur

• jwbot
    jwbot

Big Tex: Your comments are also insightful and I agree with most everything you just said.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

A sexual predator is a sexual predator, regardless of gender in my opinion. Though I do think our "society" does put more of an importance on virginity of girls than boys, sadly. I can not tell you how many of my guy friends tell me they "fooled around" with an older cousin or neighbor or babysitter when they were young boys. And to be honest with you, it is my opinion, that those friends of mine still have intimacy issues even now as grown men.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Big Tex,

I have to respect a guy with "Big" in his name, lol

Laturno (sp?) got the 7 year sentence after her third offense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up with that?

How many offenses would a male that molested a girl or buy, for that matter , get?

LABD

• jwbot
    jwbot

Its funny (not funny ha-ha) how a mans sexist attitudes can affect other men negatively, and on the same side, a womans sexist attitudes can affect other women so negatively. Anyone can be sexist to either gender, even their own.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"Where are the feminists that are demanding equal treatment of women? After all shouldn't justice be blind, theoretically, to gender? Why are many feminists so silent when it comes to equal punishment under law?"

Most feminists I know are very vocal about this issue in person, and feel that there should be equal punishment under the law. You may not read many quotes from them in the media, however, as the word "feminist" has a stigma smeared all over it, and feminists are generally stereotyped as castrating, power hungry biatches who only care about the welfare of members of their own sex.

I've been involved with the newspaper industry, and it was a very eye-opening experience, to say the least.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

LABD, I'm with you. She shouldn't have had as many chances as she did, but the same can also be said about hundreds of male offenders. Here in Dallas there is a male offender who was involved in abusing dozens of children at the YMCA, confessed and was yet released 8 years later. So maybe part of the problem is changing the laws as well as the attitudes.

Personally I would make it an offense punishable by life without parole, but that's another subject.

How many offenses would a male that molested a girl or buy, for that matter , get?

More than you would believe possible. If a male offender is caught, convicted and sentenced to just a few years and then released, the pattern can occur over and over again stretched over several decades. I remember reading an estimate once that each known offender could abuse hundreds of children in their lifetime.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Cic

I totally agree that the media plays a huge part in telling tohe story - or not. An male teen having sex with a teacher will not draw the media out unless there are charges filed.

• avishai
    avishai
    and that there are so few cases of female offenders that it isn't worth lumping them in with the same fgroup as male offenders

Not necessarily true. Some say tha the rates for female sex offenders are anywhere from 20 to 40%. Anecdotal evidence working w/ kids shows me that it's far more than we'd believe. Probably 35% of the kids I worked w/ had been molested by women. And not this 14 and 23 yr. old stuff, either. We're talking like, 4 and five year olds being molested by adult females.

• avishai
    avishai
    An male teen having sex with a teacher will not draw the media out unless there are charges filed.

There has to be a selling point, too, as this stuff happens alot more than is reported. MJ latourneau's father was a senator or congressman, and she got pregnant, and she would'nt stop.

This teacher is very phisically attractive, has good grades, etc. This probably would'nt be on the news if she did the same thing, but was stubid, ugly and fat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit