Female Molesters

by L_A_Big_Dawg 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Driving home yesterday, I happened upon the Tom Leykis show. What caught my attention was that he spoke of a 43 year old woman that was convicted of molesting a 13 or 14 year old boy. She only got 6 months jail time, 10 years probation, and had to register as a level 1 sex offender (the lowest in that particular state). He also brought up Mary Kay Laturno (sp?) and how she was on her third offense before getting 7 years (incidently she is eliguble for release sometime this summer).

One caller identified himself as a person that at the age of 23 had sex with a 15 year old girl. It was discovered and he spent ten years in prison with the child molester tag. This tag is the lowest among the hierarchy of crimes in prison, and a child molester has to continually watch his back.

Please understand that I am all for throwing child molesters in jail for life. I might even think that if something happened to them while in the pokey, it would be no great loss to society. However, there were some good questions asked.

The segment's premise was based around the question, and what I would like to ask you fine people is this, "Why do women seem to get off easier on child molestation charges?"

Does society place more value on a virgin girl?

Where are the feminists that are demanding equal treatment of women? After all shouldn't justice be blind, theoretically, to gender? Why are many feminists so silent when it comes to equal punishment under law?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

LABD

• avishai
    avishai

Societal hypocrisy, labd. Check out this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/43601/1.ashx

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ducking da bombs

My experience with feminists (or at least some of them) is that they want to believe that child sexual abuse is a male problem and that there are so few cases of female offenders that it isn't worth lumping them in with the same fgroup as male offenders. Granted there are many people, feminists included, who fully recognize the damage done by female offenders.

Add to that the attitude society has that if a guy "scores" it doesn't matter that he is still a child and the other person is an adult.

And yes I think the patriarchal attitude may play a part in the higher value placed on a girl's virginity but I think that is far less than it used to be. Laws change slowly. Attitudes changes are even slower. And it isn't until attitudes change that enough people will push for a more balanced legal solution to dealing with the abusers.

Mind you this is coming from someone's whose father got a 3 year suspended sentence and a $50 fine for 3 years of sexual abuse

• jwbot
    jwbot
    The segment's premise was based around the question, and what I would like to ask you fine people is this, "Why do women seem to get off easier on child molestation charges?"

Like I said in the other debate...people have a hard time believing that women are capable of being predators. People have an equally hard time believing that males can be victims of women.

Does society place more value on a virgin girl?

Society places more value on the girls virginity than the girl herself. Society needs to realize that women are as sexual as men, as teenagers and as adults. That women have as much of a right as men to "sow their wild oats" as it were. Instead women are seen as asexual and thus victims of "overly-sexual and agreesive" men. This is simply not the case. People do not realize that men and women alike can be victims just as they can be predators. But men being in a huge position of power in society...esp. depending on the country...and the feeling of entitlement...that is why more crimes like serial muder, rape is commited by mostly white, middle class men. Not because of some engrained natural tendancy.

Where are the feminists that are demanding equal treatment of women? After all shouldn't justice be blind, theoretically, to gender? Why are many feminists so silent when it comes to equal punishment under law?
    Maybe you are not listening? Now while I know that not all women are feminists and not all feminists are women...think about the other debate going on about the teacher...seems to be mostly women and feminist making the bigger stink out of it... Esp. me, a self-proclaimed feminist.
  • jwbot
    jwbot

Lady Lee: Do you know feminists well? Myself included and feminist I am friends of....certainly disprove your generalities.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

jwbot,

I was reading all the post on the other thread with interest. I thought about posting this on that thread, but I didn't think that would be appropriate since the topic is slightly different. A talk show, not real life.

Thanks for your input though. You have some great thoughts on the matter.

LABD

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Speaking plainly from our own experience....my son, when he was JUST 15 (right after his 15th b'day), was seduced by our apartment manager in California.....she gave him gifts and money, which were hidden from me and included a BB gun, and, since her father owned the apartment complex, managed to evict not only us for pressing charges, but also evicted the little newlyweds that provided the proof in a note she asked them to give to my son, which was used as evidence so she couldn't deny it. They didn't hafta have a reason to evict us in Cal. The judge would listen to nothing we said in the eviction case, only the apt. manager and her father, the owner. She was convicted, given probation, made to register as a sex offender, but REMAINS there as apartment manager, with NO restrictions and is freely enabled today to seduce and or molest other tenants' kids with which she "babysits".....no, she wasn't babysitting my son, but "came on" as a new "buddy" right after my df'ing and isolation from the borg.

I even attempted to get the Escondido Times involved, but to no avail.

Frannie B

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

jwbot

Lady Lee: Do you know feminists well? Myself included and feminist I am friends of....certainly disprove your generalities.

I thought my statement was pretty clear

My experience with feminists (or at least some of them) is that they want to believe that child sexual abuse is a male problem and that there are so few cases of female offenders that it isn't worth lumping them in with the same fgroup as male offenders. Granted there are many people, feminists included, who fully recognize the damage done by female offenders.

So yes I know some and that was my experience with them. Not all of them but definitely some of them. I did qualify my statement. They weren't generalities otherwise I would have said all and I didn't say all I said some

• jwbot
    jwbot

Thanks LABD, you had some great insight on that other thread too :)

Sorry Lady Lee: I did not read fully. I take it personally when people refer to feminists and I try to dispell any rumors or ideas.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    "Why do women seem to get off easier on child molestation charges?"

Maybe the key word here is "seem". I'm not sure that this is true. It would be interesting to see any statistics one way or the other.

The Mary Kay Latourneu case you mentioned, I believe she was sentenced to 7 years. But also part of the problem is that male victims often do not report the abuse. There are societal expectations placed on male victims that do not exist with female victims. NOTE: I did NOT say male victims have it more difficult, only that there are different preconceptions/expectations. For example, many if not most people would think that this 14 year boy "scored" with his 23 year old teacher. If the genders were reversed that would not be said. Additionally if the abuse is male-male there is the added stigma of "apparent" homosexuality which often makes it difficult for the average male victim to step forward.

Sentencing in any sexual abuse case is generally light. There was the infamous case of Stephen Stayner who was kidnapped and raped for 7 years before finally being rescued. His offender received only a 2 year sentence.

Good questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit