JWs versus Scientology

by millie210 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Data Dog - I can see why Scientology would look "cool" to a young person. Esp. if they are in to sci-fi.

The Jws dont ever look cool. They appeal to a different emotion.

• millie210
    millie210

Oh brother...to be a fly on the wall here..

Here is part 2 of my interview on the Minnesota Atheists local cable TV show. In this part, we talk about my own experiences with Scientology, how I got involved with it and why, and what happened to me on church staff and in the church’s upper levels as a Sea Organization member.

This interview was a lot of fun and I want to thank the people at the Minnesota Atheists for having me on their show. James Zimmerman, the host of the show, is an ex-Jehovah’s Witness and understands the kind of things I’ve been through as an ex-Scientologist. I was glad to have him interview me.

http://mncriticalthinking.com/category/scientology/

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I've been to one of the scientologists BIG events, they throw big luxurious parties. Seems to be many members have $$. They are also very secretive/paranoid, having been in one of their top events, you feel like you're in a spy movie w/ cia agents everywhere, etc.  

• millie210
    millie210

Hi EndofMysteries,

Yes I can see the pull of money. TheScientologists wear that fact proudly while the JWs tend to act "poor" but we all know different.

They each have chosen their "approach" designed to appeal.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Scientology is the weird religion for many famous white people and Jehovah's Witnesses is the weird religion for many famous black people. Counting faders or those that walked away from it, the Jacksons and Wayans, Terrence Howard, Naomi Campbell, Teresa Graves, Prince, Larry Graham, Lou Whitaker, etc., we start to have quite a list.

I think I use Scientology to feel better about being fooled into a dangerous mind control cult.  "At least I wasn't fooled into THAT nonsense."  But it's all different versions of the same nonsense.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion 

Pretty sure ronny boy (hubbard) said that... and did it.

• millie210
    millie210

Ding ding ding YOU win Witness My Fury! 

You may collect your prize at the door.

You win a years supply of free pizza. Here is a preview Yo  

You are right. he DID say it and Do it. 

I was struck though by how true it is that you get rich by starting a religion. Who would have thought that?

Prior to landing on the ground of cold hard reality (thank you Jehovahs Witnesses for that) I thought that religious people were all very "Joan of Ark" like in their fiery passion to save mankind. Even if they were misguided, I thought the passion was there.

Only now am I coming to terms with the concept of a cold blooded systemic preying on people and using religion as the weapon.

I have no intention of becoming a Scientologist or any other brand. But as I walk away from the ruins of all I built in my adult lifetime religiously speaking, I am looking at the tombstones and  mile markers  along the way. 

• millie210
    millie210

You have such a clear and succinct view and way of stating things.

This post is another example of that.  

OnTheWayOut16 hours ago

Scientology is the weird religion for many famous white people and Jehovah's Witnesses is the weird religion for many famous black people. Counting faders or those that walked away from it, the Jacksons and Wayans, Terrence Howard, Naomi Campbell, Teresa Graves, Prince, Larry Graham, Lou Whitaker, etc., we start to have quite a list.

I think I use Scientology to feel better about being fooled into a dangerous mind control cult.  "At least I wasn't fooled into THAT nonsense."  But it's all different versions of the same nonsense.

Here is another set of names we can add to the list of "bright people who got involved with offbeat religions"

Greta Van Susteren. She is listed in Forbes as the 100th most powerful woman in the world, She is married to tort lawyer John P. Coale, They are both Scientologists.

Wouldnt you agree that in this case, we are not talking about intellectual dullards?  Yet they have been deluded into becoming members of Scientology. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit