My daughter was just in an accident

by Puternut 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

I just had a call a couple of hours ago from my ex. She said my youngest daugher was in a bad car accident. I asked her what happened, and told me that she was just pulling out from the drive way, and made a left turn. A speeding car hit her on the rear side, blew the doors off, broke most of the glass out of her car, and send her spinning 360 a few times. The drive shaft is still rolling down the street somewhere.

It appears that the other driver may have been drinking. Her car, which she just got a few months ago is totally destroyed. She is OK for now, but pretty shook up. She didn't have anything broken or bruised, but has the usual accident shock. She was checked out by a medical team and was sent home. She was going to bed, as I got off the phone with her, and she is being given medication for her soreness. She mentioned that she had some pain from where her seatbelt was. So I hope she pulls out of this soon.

I am still in shock myself, going to get a glass of wine and go to bed. I'll call her in the morning and let you know how she is.

Puternut

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Give her a hug from us when you see her.

I'm glad she's ok!

Rev

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

*whew* man oh man oh man....... wow!!! I am so thankful, it wasnt worse. It's still bad enough. Good lord, I HATE drunk drivers. California law is very strict on it, it can be an inconvience, but sooooo well worth it. Shame on the person that did this.

big hugs to ((((((((Putter and his daughter))))))

• simplesally
    simplesally

Glad she is ok ........... but any accident will shake your confidence in driving. It made me paranoid for a long time when someone came from outa nowhere and hit my car.........they ran a red doing 50 or more in a 25 and T-boned me and then flipped over my car landing upside down!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wow glad it was the car that was totalled and not her

Expect that she will be a bit sore tomorrow but the pain meds should help. She should be really sore when the shock wears off in a couple of days. If her area has a Victims of crime trauma team and free counseling make sure she keeps the accident repost number and gets in touch with them. They can be an invaluable resource if and when the emotional trauma of it all hits her. Wouldn't be a bad thing for the whole family to talk to them too to get a good idea what to expect. I was in an almost head on collision about 15 years ago and still get tense when cars get too close to each other. And we didn't even get hit!

But I was still sore and exhausted from the emotional turmoil. So see if those services are available in your area. Ask the police who took the report. They can refer you if they haven't already.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Glad she is ok. Good call with the wine .. have a good belt and get some sleep. WHEW......

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

What a relief that she's okay! Hugs to you and yours, Puter.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I'm so sorry Puternut. I'm so glad she's ok. Give her a big hug from me and I hope she's feeling better soon. I hope your feeling a lot better too.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I am so glad she is ok Puternut.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Glad to hear she's ok Puter, please pass on my well wishes.....

Bull! (going for a therapeutic whisky myself.....!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit