MORE THAN TIRED OF KEN: Re Jeopardy!

by Valis 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Ok Jeopardy SPOILER - DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

Ken has won 46 times and won a total of 1.66 million dollars. He will start taping more potential wins in mid August!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Holy Cow!! I thought you were going to reveal a scandal. That is amazing.

• Chloe
    Chloe

This guy must have been extremely tired of Ken. His story is about half way down the page.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/epaper/editions/wednesday/6_30_blotter_www.html

• rocketman
    rocketman

I wonder if Jeopardy will change some of their rules back to what they were previously. They had increased the money and also waived the 5-day limit for champions.

On the other hand, this guy's success is bringing much more attention than the show normally gets. Heck, who would have thought we'd have a Jeopardy thread here?

• Valis
    Valis

weds and Else...Jeopardy comes on at 3PM on channel 8.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm a game-show aficianado myself (in-studio games, not the "Survivor / Fear Factor" type of games). I can't think of any other game where the top prize was infinite. Usually you win the top prize and you go home. "Family Feud" has returning champs, but their maximum stay is 5 days.

Maybe Ken's performance will "raise the bar" for future contestants, much like Tiger Woods' domination of PGA golf from 2000 to 2002 made everyone else try harder.

Here's a "Weird Al" song that Ken isn't singing yet. It's sung to the tune of "Our Love's in Jeopardy" by the Greg Kihn Band (1980's). (In the old NBC version of Jeopardy, Art Fleming was the host and Don Pardo was the announcer.)

I Lost On Jeopardy

by Al Yankovic

Note: Italicized lyrics are spoken by Don Pardo.

Lyrics:

Oh-oh-oh-oh

I was there to match my intellect on national TV
    Against a plumber, oh, and an architect, both with a PhD
    I was tense, I was nervous, I guess it just wasn't my night
    Art Fleming gave the answers
    Oh, but I couldn't get the questions right, -ight, -ight

I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh)

Well, I knew I was in trouble now
    My hope of winning sank
    Oh, 'cause I got the Daily Double now
    And then my mind went blank
    I took Potpourri for one hundred
    And then my head started to spin
    Well, I'm givin' up Don Pardo
    Just tell me now what I didn't win, yeah, yeah

That's right, Al--You lost. And let me tell you what you didn't win: a twenty volume set of the Encyclopedia International, a case of Turtle Wax, and a year's supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat. But that's not all. You also made yourself look like a jerk in front of millions of people. You brought shame and disgrace to your family name for generations to come. You don't get to come back tomorrow. You don't even get a lousy copy of our home game. You're a complete loser!

Don't know what I was thinkin' of
    I guess I just wasn't too bright
    Well, I sure hope I do better
    Next weekend on The Price Is Right, -ight, -ight

I lost on Jeopardy, baby

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

The thing is, besides the fact that Ken does seem to rack up a little more than the usual amount that a winner on Jeopardy makes, Jeopardy isn't really paying out mush more than they would usually. If you think about it, somebody HAS to win every show, so instead of paying many people, they are just paying this one guy.

This has to be good for ratings by the way...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit