An honest question...

by TallTexan 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Most of what I see is on the POLICY, and how the POLICY can, through it's implementation, protect child molesters.

While a JW (and even an eldeeeeer) I never heard of any molestation cases. Then again, I've never heard of any in my neighborhood or at work. I also haven't heard of any murders or thefts. In any case, what I think Bill is trying to do is get the WTS to change it's policy. Just because you and I haven't seen any cases, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I find the WTS two witness policy horrible in these situations.

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

No other religion sends "repentant" pedophiles door-to-door preaching in trying to send members earthwide to all the doors the organization can reach. This means one single "repentant" pedophile has access to countless doors and households and children.

More precisely the 23,000 pedophiles in the Watchtower's own database is for pedophiles in the U.S., Canada and western Europe, as I believe Bill once noted, which means earthwide there are many more than 23,000 pedophiles. Experts state that each pedophile in his lifetime molests over 100 victims on the average.

Since 23,000 x 100 = 2.3 million most victims by those who became or continued as pedophiles as JW probably are not victims who are or were JWs, which may be part of why you had not heard of it as much.

Another reason is these things are kept hushed up, covered up by elders who often say "Just Wait On Jehovah" rather than report them at once to the police, to protect the image of the organization.

Members who have known these things have also been coerced to stay quiet or they will be disfellowshipped for "slander."

The Watchtower has lots of money for buying out most cases heading to court as part of cash settlements.

Previous to Bill Bowen you heard little about the conspiracy because elders who were otherwise well-meaning were afraid to go blow the whistle to the media and public although there were scattered newspaper articles prior to the publicity and I will gladly see you and other readers can a big stack of articles on this and other problems if you email me using the same handle name at yahoo.

Now you know WHY, what are YOU going to do about it?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

In for 33 years I have sojurned in 6 congregations and I worked in the world for 20 years as a heavy construction worker,to make comparisons.

So qualified, I make this evaluation:Jehovah's Witnesses are an exceedingly,malicious,willful.wanton,cruel predatory dod-eat-dog,sleazy destructive cult.

There,now that ain't sour grapes it's the damn truth.What can I say if,I deny my experience I would be lying.

I don't get it! Where does so many get off that saying they are nomal decent folk?

The Pedophile At Your Door Walking

The average (JW) pedophile will,molest 148 children,in a lifetime?

Find out more.: http://www.nationalalertregistry.com/cgi-bin/clickthru.cgi?pid=NAR&sid=TAM&atid=B

SEX OFFENDER REGISTRIES ALL STATES USA :: http://www.prevent-abuse-now.com/register.htm CLICK MOUSE OVER TO SPECIFIC STATE

alt Denver 2004 SNAP conference

NEW

poster1sm.jpg (56848 bytes)
  • SheilaM
    SheilaM

It's just like with anything else TTEXAN.....the real prob with the dubs is they act so holier than thou cast condemnations on other religions. Basically it boils down to when your standing in crap you can't say the other person smells.....BUT the dubs do instead of handling the situation correctly. Calling the police, testifying for the victim and offering love, strength and spiritual support, they choose to rake them over the coals.

• avengers
    avengers
    someone to point me in the right direction towards the proof that this is happening on the scale purported.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/74099/1.ashx

Why doesn't the Watchtower release these files to the FBI and other law enforcement agencies?
    If the WT has nothing to hide then why aren't they helping out to get the predators off the street our kids?

these are honest questions.

Andy

• allpoweredup
    allpoweredup

Hi, A and Everyone. I don't know if anyone ever sent the information to fbi.gov but besides the pedophiles coverup they have also told Watchtower elders to not report fugitives including murderers to law enforcement in Florida and may be doing the same in other states.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

TallTexan... part of the issue is that molestation tends to happen in clusters. I was not aware of any cases of molestation in the congregation I attended in NY, which I was a member of for over eight years. OTOH, the congregation out here in Boise where my wife grew up has an astonishing number of molestation survivors. In many cases, the abusers were individuals--often teenagers--who had been molested themselves. So you can't expect the molestation problem to be evenly spread across all congregations; it's mostly going to be concentrated in certain 'problem congregations'.

Another issue is that in many cases, the truth never comes out. Especially when the molester is a close relative, it is often simply kept in the family. So it might never make it out to the gossip circuit, because it is one of the few things that many people absolutely don't talk about, ever.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

in our congregation in western ky , (early 90s) a man who was being studied with was a child molester who had abused his own daughter.he attended the hall for a good 2 yrs or so. it wasnt known by anyone but the elders and THEIR kids. thank goodness one of my children was a good friend of one elders daughter who told her but told her not to tell anyone. she told me and i sat and had a talk with all my kids to avoid this man. he eventually quit coming to the hall but i remember being outraged that the elders made sure THEIR kids knew but not anyone else. and i have 4 kids. i also mentioned to other mothers in the hall who had kids what i'd learned and none of them knew.

its not a problem exclusive to the jw religion but like someone said above.. jw's are the only ones who send people door to door. and who keep things quiet to the rank and file. only the kids of elders are "protected" by knowlege of who may be a danger.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WELL TEX I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT MYSELF.

WHEN I WAS 20 I MARIED A YOUNG WITNESS GIRL. LEARNED THAT HER FATHER WAS MOLESTING BOTH OF HIS DAUGHTERS.

I BELIEVE THIS AND THE MEMORIES OF HER CHILDHOOD HAD A STRONG EFFECT ON HER ABANDONING ME AND OUR CHILDREN.

I MARRIED ANOTHER JW GIRL AGAIN AT 32 AND AFTER 20 YEARS MY WIFE WAS SUICIDAL AND THE COUNSELOR TOLD ME THAT SHE HAD BEEN MOLESTED BY HER BROTHER AND UNCLE.

I BELIEVE THIS HAD AN AFFECT AND CAUSE OF HER DIRECTING ALL HER ANGER TO THE ONE CLOSEST TO HER. ME. THAT IS WHAT THE COUNSELOR TELLS ME. SHE DIVORCED ME WITH OUT ANY CHARGE THE WBTS USUALLY ACCEPTS. I HAD DONE NO WRONG.

I LEARNED THAT ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS HAD BEEN MOLESTED BY AN ELDER AND I NOTIFIED THE POLICE. THE ELDERS WERE ANGRY WITH ME THAT I INVOLVED THE WORLDLY POLICE.

THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS HAD EXPIRED AND THE POLICE COULD NOT ACT. ALTHOUGH THEY TOOK DOWN THE INFORMATION FOR POSSIBLE USE IF HE SURFACED AGAIN.

THIS CAUSED 4 OTHER SISTERS TO COMPLAIN TO THE ELDERS FOR A TOTAL OF 5.

THE ELDERS FORMED THEIR JC AND THE ELDER PEDOPHILE DENIED IT ALL. THE WBTS TOLD THE ELDERS TO JUST DROP IT. NOTHING WAS DONE.

I BECAME A TARGET OF THE ELDERS BECAUSE I BECAME ANGRY WHEN THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS MUCH UP TO ME TO MAKE MY DAUGHTER ACCEPT THEIR ACTIONS.

FAST FORWARD APROX 12 YRS. AGAIN OTHER SISTERS BRING THIS MANS NAME UP IN CHARGES TO THE ELDERS.

FINALLY AFTER ALL THIS TIME HE IS DF'D. IN TOTAL THERE WERE MORE THAN 10 SISTERS THAT WENT TO THE ELDERS DURING THIS TIME.

DURING ALL THIS TIME THE ELDERS AT THE URGING OF THE WBTS DID THEIR BEST TO CONCEAL THIS FROM EVERYONE AND THREATENED US IF WE TOLD OTHERS ABOUT THIS.

TELL ME TEX. WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN TO YOU AND WHAT DO YOU TAKE FROM IT??

Outoftheorg.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

lol I was attracted to my cousin when I didn't know she was my cousin. Then when I found out. EWWW!!!! she turned instantly ugly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit