Badger

Leolaia is in Tokyo

Badger is Jealous

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Me too, Badger!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I have every confidence that you will use your time in a far more interesting manner than Bill Murray and what's-her-name did in "Lost in Translation." I know it's cutting edge. I know it won an Oscar. But it was DAMN BORING!!! Good grief, put me in ANY foreign country except Afghanistan and Iraq (I do have certain standards) and I will find SOMETHING interesting to do! If nothing else, I'll bring a few really good books.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your photos. Have fun!!!

Love,

Nina

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The pictures are beautiful! How exciting for you!

Sure beats the heck out of the Motel Six, LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    More pictures PLEASE of another part of the world, hope you're having a mind blisteringly good time, best regards from Celty!!

I have lots of pics I took from my travels....maybe sometime I should share some pics I have from my trips to Europe and Asia over the years. Thanks for the idea. :-)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Is that hotel really as quiet as in the movie?

Very much so. And the TV plays relaxing music with scenic views on one of the channels that is better than any lullaby....very nice to sleep to.

We kinda lucked out with our room. We changed our planes at last minute to have a nonstop to Tokyo instead of having a layover in Osaka, and so we got here 4 hours ahead of schedule and the hotel did not have our rooms ready yet. So what did they do? They gave us the suite for the same price as our original room. ;-)

This hotel rocks! (The Park Hyatt Tokyo)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Hope you've got lots of money. My husband worked there a few years ago, for a few months, and said it was terribly expensive.

It is very expensive. I just found out that it costs $74 to send a light 1 kg. package to the US by airmail. Today I saw 1 GB Compact Flash cards selling for $500. And then there's the $40 cantaloupe. ;) Fortunately, I'm kinda tagging along so I don't have to pay for too much. And next month, when we go on to mainland China, I think it'll be much cheapter there...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

TD.....It just goes into the bathroom. Of course, over here they have the famous toilets with all the buttons and extra controls...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Nina....Oh, we're gonna do some interesting things here. We're gonna go see sumo. My partner knows the top sumo wrestler who is retiring this year (Musashi Maru). Don't know if I will see him, but the match should be interesting. But before that, we will go up to northern Honshu and visit Jesus Christ's tomb. (It's a pretty funny thing to see, I hear).

I visited Japan last year which was really great, then I saw Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kiso Valley, and then Tokyo -- all in cherry blossom blooming season. I can also show some pics from that visit as well.

• dh
    dh

yeah, have a great time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit