Why this is not xjw forum

by kls 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

This thread helps us to appreciate that if we're kind to new ones here, we might help them understand what the truth really is.

• kls
    kls

Yes Mini, i am very pleasantly surprised by the wonerful people on here that would do anything to help those questioning, or leaving the cult. Man i love this family.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Laurelin,

I really like what you said. I hope every poster here somehow reads what you said. You are the kind of person I meant when I said: ones who innocently stumble in here. Thank you for your eloquent post and sharing your feelings.

Flyin'

• gdt
    gdt

Just had to say Thank you for the understanding and goodness and kindness shown in many of your posts, I have always loved the truth as understood by the organization, and where and when it has been wrong does not alter the need for kindness to each other. As a witness I have to say how awful it makes one feel at the hurt and the pain some go through, be it our own fault or well-meaning family and friends or opposers,but still wrong. However, human frailty does not make excuse for accepting 'hell-fire, trinity, immortal soul, involvement in armed forces, racial disharmony, political hate, unkindness even to those making themselves our 'enemies', and etc.

Let's do what one of you said : 'be kind'.

gdt.

• kls
    kls

Just had to say Thank you for the understanding and goodness and kindness shown in many of your posts, I have always loved the truth as understood by the organization, and where and when it has been wrong does not alter the need for kindness to each other. a witness I have to say how awful it makes one feel at the hurt and the pain some go through, be it our own fault or well-meaning family and friends or opposers,but still wrong. However, human frailty does not make excuse for accepting 'hell-fire, trinity, immortal soul, involvement in armed forces, racial disharmony, political hate, unkindness even to those making themselves our 'enemy etc.

Just because you are commanded to not believe in,, the trinity, hell-fire,immortal soul,involvment in armed forces, racial harmony , political hate shows you do not have free will but you sure love the freedom it brings you.

Human frailty , well the watchtower uses that excuse every time it gets caught in a lie, but then it is ok.

• gdt
    gdt

KLS Kathy,

it is a shame you feel so bitterly, and because your husband may still wish to remain an active witness is no reason to pour scorn on everything connected with the witnesses. We are not as bad as you obviously think and say. If you want a truck load of good experiences by good people over the years, you are welcome, but will you be willing to listen ? Is it not true that the Creator deserves some recognition from creation? What are you doing about that? What am I doing? (don't answer, nor will I, too subject to condemnation/etc.)

But please be prepared to be more kind and reasonable, if that is possible. It is much easier sitting back condemning, than it is putting one's shoulder to the task of being kind to all, in a very unkind world. You are most welcome to use my pm or email if you wish, but be kind, as mini pointedly said to all on the board. Cheers, geoff.

• gdt
    gdt

and kls, please be assured, that I have not been commanded to do anything by the WTS, if God saw fit to have recorded black and white principles in Scripture, and I take that as a command, and harmonize with similar believers, you are in great error to suggest i or any witness is 'commanded' not to go to war, etc. And whilst at it, how would you handle your family who wanted to associate with drug dealers, child molesters, drunks, totally immoral people?? Would you not try to have your children 'shun' such association? (note I did not include those whose beliefs vary....unless they did publicly say 'i believe' then denied their sincerity.) Don't get angry with me, just kind! gdt.even if you do consider me an enemy.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    And whilst at it, how would you handle your family who wanted to associate with drug dealers, child molesters, drunks, totally immoral people??

This argument is revolting, as always. Are you suggesting that everyone who is shunned falls into one of these categories? Utter nonsense..

If you tell people to be "kind" when what you really mean is "please let me say offensive things and don't object because it hurts my feelings", that's just manipulative.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    GOOD LIFE AFTER CULT

Custom Smiley

JWD FORUM for the FREE!

Custom Smiley

HELP TODAY a CLICK AWAY

Custom Smiley

• kls
    kls

wanted to associate with drug dealers, child molesters, drunks, totally immoral people??

Child-molesters ? have you seen Silentlambs? you would rather let a molester in doors then an Apostate. Drunkards? oh please ,i was a baptized JW and saw many drunken elders.

Drug dealers? we where actually good friends with a JW drug dealer

So yes JWs are immoral people

Am i bitter ? you bet i am especially when you say love and kindness and you would shun your own family to save your own butt because that is the rules of the org. Read some of the posters here and their lives if you can open your own mind and feel their pain you hopefully will see the true love the org, has to offer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit