Why this is not xjw forum

by kls 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kls
    kls

Undercover, many time's there have been jws on the forum and they have been greeted warmly but if they insist on trying to comform us back to the vomit we left and are trying to heal from ,they only get what is deserved.

• undercover
    undercover
    many time's there have been jws on the forum and they have been greeted warmly....

Yes, I have seen that. I've also seen some here who used the oppurtunity to make fun of them or to riducle them. Without provocation, I don't think it's right. But there are probably more who greet warmly than those who take advantage of the situation.

...if they insist on trying to comform us back to the vomit we left and are trying to heal from ,they only get what is deserved.

I agree. If they come here looking to up their hours or condemn people for being "apostate" then they asked for it and it's good to see them get their comeuppance.

• Flash
    Flash
    ...threads posted by so many knowing and knowledgable people on the forum ,that some may log off and actually think of some things that have seen. I wonder how many leave here with questioning what they have read, these are my hope's any way.

I have the same thoughts and hope as you on this subject. I am one of those who believe the Wittnesses are right about God and their primary teachings and VERY WRONG as an organization obsessed and lost in their micro-managing and social engineering in their futile quest for the perfect Christian!

• gespro
    gespro
    That is one reason I wish people would resist the urge to be smart a$$es to ones who stumble in innocently

Me too!

There have been some regulars here who had little or nothing to do with the dubs and those trolls are obvious to me now. There are others who have the sensitivity of a toilet seat [imho] who are still going through the trauma of the cult and will use this forum to act out and vent, even pick on the innocent.

It's hard to get the gist of some of our commentary when humor is being used. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in most cases for me especially when I don't know the person well enough for them to be that 'loose' with me. I see others lashing out immediately when anyone says ANYTHING to them. Maybe Simon is going to turn the chat into an audio chat so we can get used to peoples phrasing and voice inflections [hint hint].

I'm off topic again DOH!

gespro - of the 'be gentle, kind and loving or I'll beat you to a pulp' class

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

it's funny there was a thread about farkel the other day . and posters that have not posted in years came to the front. then you get all the jw or x jw's that post for the first time and say they have been reading this site for months or years. even me i mostly read . there is more action here than meets the EYE.... JOHN

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

It has been a long journey.........but now I am comfortable to tell my side to any current JW......in my old congo or at a knock on my door.....the fear is gone...........don't care what they might do to me...............DF or whatever.........let them be the culprit....but I won't do any footwork for them...........no DA letter ............no confession.............let them create the scenario.................God knows they are trying to get me..................sooooooooo many phone calls without voicemail.........(their phone numbers keep coming up on my caller ID)

If I ever get a notice to sign for a certified letter...........what should I do? Ignore it? Or should I sign for it?

I'm open for advice.

In the meantime.............I am a happy camper and happy with life on lifes terms.......

HappyDad (Bill)

P.S. If you have a comment for me...........please PM me............thanks.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    gespro - of the 'be gentle, kind and loving or I'll beat you to a pulp' class

Sounds like Georgia, Ges.

Flyin'

• laurelin
    laurelin

I read through this thread and thought yes, everyone here is smack on.

I've been reading ( and very, very occassionaly) posting since February and I have to admit that some of the posters here frighten me. I still attend meetings and although I haven't been out on the service for awhile I don't consider myself to have "left" the faith yet.

I came here with questions and have found some very interesting and very thought provoking threads here. But I have also found a lot of sarcasism that has made me wary of posting incase I get flamed as well.

I have questions about my faith (not in God but the organisation) but I am at the point the disciples were at when Jesus asked them if they were going to leave him and they replied "Where would we go to?" (or words to that effect). I have seen nothing ( I have looked at other religions and organisations) that seems better than what the Society offer through the bible. Their history is riddled with faults, changes and complete and utter turnabouts but still something still rings true with them.

My whole point to responding to this thread was to agree with everyone along the lines of this:

That is one reason I wish people would resist the urge to be smart a$$es to ones who stumble in innocently

Some, like me, want to hang around and try and find answers but some posters can be scary and often times I find myself not wanting to ask questions or post because of fear of the backlash of me, a "dub" "lurker" posting.

None of this post is meant to offend anyone; just put across my point of view.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Lauelin,

I really liked your post. I too said the same thing , i have lost my faith in the WTS but not in God. My very first thread, i asked a question about the demons. I got raked over the coals, some questioned my sanity, it was very upsetting. but others supported me, DJ for one. JWS talk about the demons all the time, but u would have thought I'd lost my mind by mentioning them here. If u have not already, do a search and read some of JT's old posts. and Garybuss, and Lady lee, Blondie.BigTex, Cuzenheart. there are so many more who are lovey people who will take the time to answer questions and not treat u like dog poop for still believing in some jws stuff. It is a process. I have been here 2 yrs, and i joined right after the dateline thing, and the furor over silentlambs. My thinking has changed a lot in the last 2 yrs. the links area is very good. Freeminds is a great place for doctrinal stuff.

u are welcome here.

weds

• laurelin
    laurelin

Thank you Wednesday. You've made me feel better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit