Why this is not xjw forum

by kls 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kls
    kls

I used to wonder why with so many xjws on here ,or nearly xjws on this forum ,why it was not named so . That way we would not have so many Troll's and practicing jws come on this site looking for people in their own religion ( cough ) . Now when i see a newbie join and they are practicing jws ,i think maybe just maybe by them not knowing most here are out of the cult and they read the threads posted by so many knowing and knowledgable people on the forum ,that some may log off and actually think of some things that have seen. I wonder ho many leave here with questioning what they have read, these are my hope's any way.

• codeblue
    codeblue

KLS, it was my understanding that when this board when developed it was for the active JW to "vent" their feelings in a "safe place"...

CodeBlue

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Well, 2 reasons why that I see are:

1. The icon in the upper right says everyone welcome. If it was strictly ex-jw, then only those people would feel welcome.

2. This board was started as a regular JW discussion board, back when the light was separated from the dark. I remember looking at the first few posts a while back and noticed that people were talking about field service and book studies and all that boring stuff. Right now, its open to anything related to JWism. for and against :)

• kls
    kls

Ahh CodeBlue, i did not know that , see the things ya learn on here. I thought this site was always demonized apostates.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I'm was surprised Simon was able to get this name - you would think the WT would want it, but they prefer to push the name of their magazine.

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, honestly, do you think the average JW that stumbles upon this site would feel welcomed after an exchange with most of us????

• kls
    kls

Thank's for the laugh Mini, ya i thought of that but look at Sword of dah, he always comes back for more I hope in some way we are helping to make jws think that do come .

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Also, JWs are the primary topic of this board. Generally boards are named after their primary topic, not who actually posts there.

• undercover
    undercover
    do you think the average JW that stumbles upon this site would feel welcomed after an exchange with most of us

No. But should it be that way? I mean, as long as they aren't trolls, or aren't trying to save us from our errant ways or condemning us for leaving the WTS, shouldn't we treat them as we would anyone else that came here? The banner says "...everyone welcome!" so as long as they just want to hang out, ask questions or even discuss theology (I said discuss, not preach to or condemn others) then we should treat them as we would anyone else that came here. Ya never know, the sincere JW that just wanted to ask a couple of questions might have his eyes opened, not by any argument, but by the fact that we didn't condemn him but accepted him for who and what he was.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Because of the name of this forum, people will find it listed on their search result pages. I believe many, many witnesses deep down have all sorts of doubts and misgivings. It's hard for a lot of them to resist the urge to take a peek after they figure out that this is not a pro JW site.That is one reason I wish people would resist the urge to be smart a$$es to ones who stumble in innocently. But, if their doubts are big enough, like mine were, then when they unwittingly find themselves at exjw sites they will still read.

When I got online the first time I looked to see if the WTBTS had a site of its own. Well, danged if I didn't check out all of the sites listed. I came upon one about Raymond Franz and others and guess what? My curiosity was so great that I read them.

Flyin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit