Selling homes and property - pre-1975

by Bonnie_Clyde 34 Replies latest jw friends

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

they should have sold Mother Earth News as a companion to the Watchtower instead of Asleep! that year.

mmmm.... ground acorns and boiled pinecones, cookin in my tarpaper shack!

oh right, back to topic. I was just a toddler so I don't remember 75, but I do remember, as a kid, that it was talked about by many post defacto. I guess a lot of people got burnt about it, and from what I understood, some never came back. Of course the rest flip-flopped logic and bemoaned the folly of those who left as they couldn't "Wait on Jehovah."

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

english man said his dad went from air traffic controller to pump gasoline. so he could pioneer till 75. and englishmans dad came up with this idea all by himself. every time i here more about 75 the sicker i get . the wt is truely of satan...john

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Sometime in the late 1970s or early 1980s the Society published a half-hearted apology for being too eager regarding the 1975 issue.

The little blurb was in one of the late 70 or early 80's yearbooks. It was a few lines at the bottom of the page. hardly an apology.

• observador
    observador

How would you circunvent this reasoning:

"the Society really said something about 1975, but Jehovah allowed it to go on because He wanted to test and refine His people. And sure enough, it was what happened"?

Said to say, this was my reasoning for some time.

Observador.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    "Oh. So you're a seventy-fiver too, are you?".

Never heard that one before,but I am on the other side of the pond from you.

I do know a lot of denial took place on this side of the pond as people denied and tried to believe that

what was said in regards to 1975 never happened.The Orwell book 1984 seemed to fit the mood perfectly.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Observador said:

How would you circunvent this reasoning:

"the Society really said something about 1975, but Jehovah allowed it to go on because He wanted to test and refine His people. And sure enough, it was what happened"?

Said to say, this was my reasoning for some time.

Observador.

I would say, you mean the way he had Moses, Paul or Jesus lie to see who would leave? How would that refine or sift people? Doesn't it really sound more like a false prediction?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YEAH I REMEMBER THE PUSH IN FOR 1975.

IN MY OWN CASE, I MOVED FROM SAN DIEGO TO IDAHO IN 1972. DID SO TO AVOID THE TERRIBLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN LARGE CITIES AT ARMAGEDDON. HA HA.

I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE IN OTHER AREAS BUT THE DO'S AND ESPECIALLY THE CO'S IN THE IDAHO AREA WOULD BRING TAPE RECORDINGS OF TALKS GIVEN ELSEWHERE, THAT PROPHECIED THE END AND HOW OTHERS SOLD THEIR HOMES AND STARTED PIONEERING FULL TIME.

THEY ALSO PUSHED THE 1975 END OF THINGS, ALL THROUGH 1972 THROUGH 1975.

SINCE THESE MEN ARE THE DIRECT CONNECTION WITH THE WBTS TO THE CONGREGATIONS I ALWAYS BELIEVED AND STILL DO, THAT THEY WERE DOING AS THEY WERE TOLD TO DO.

ALTHOUGH I HAD DOUBTS, THE WBTS MANAGED TO KEEP ME FRIGHTENED ENOUGH TO NOT GO WITH MY COMMON SENSE AND LEAVE.

I NEVER ONCE CONSIDERED SELLING MY HOUSE OR QUITING MY JOB.

RIGHT AFTER 1975 I HEARD THOSE WHO COMPLAINED, BEING LABELED AS BEING 1975 ERS.

THE WBTS HAS A GREAT RECORD OF LABELING PEOPLE AND SHUTTING THE MINDS OF THE TRUE BELIEVERS.

GIVING THEM A REASON TO HATE AND TO BE FRIGHTENED BY THOSE WHO WERE DAMAGED BY THE WBTS AND QUICKLY LABELED.

THAT FEAR FACTOR HAS A GREAT DEAL OF CONTROL ON PEOPLE .

Outoftheorg of the been there done that group.

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!
    english man said his dad went from air traffic controller to pump gasoline. so he could pioneer till 75. and englishmans dad came up with this idea all by himself. every time i here more about 75 the sicker i get . the wt is truely of satan...john

That makes me want to puke! ( read my previous post..lol) Everyone was so trusting and they got the shaft..I was a young boy at the time, yet I remember the prepartions being made for the end...Just the Governing Dildoos holding the tail of the dog high in the air! Seems they continue with their same methods to their madness....

• d
    d

That is crazy.I feel for those who brought into so heartly.Just goes to show you religion is evil

• Ding
    Ding

I know an elder who pushed 1975 all the way from 1966 to 1975.

After it failed, he said, "My service to Jehovah isn't tied to a date."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit